Nia made grabbing hands to Carlos and began to lean to him. He looked a bit shocked and confused as to what to do. His eyes widened and his mouth gaped open.

"H-hold her Charlie."
I gave her to him and she instantly stuck to him. She clung to Carlos just like Jerome clung to me. Like a koala. I laughed at that thought. I couldn't get the image of a koala clinging onto Carlos of my mind. It was funny.

Her little legs were wrapped around his waist and her tiny arms around his neck. She began to bounce on his hip and gripped onto the collar of his shirt. She giggled and did the same thing she did to me and squished his lips to make them pucker.

He chuckled and bounced her up again. I couldn't take my eyes of the scene. It was so wholesome and endearing. A grown man holding a cute baby on his hip. I would never imagine Carlos in a scene like this.

He had a large smile on his face and was laughing along to the unknown words and noises that Nia was making. He looked so happy and free like this.

"You have a good one there Lavender. Nothing like that bastard Jonas."
I flinched as Jia viciously spat his name.

The fact she actually said it and how she said it scared me. I never did like hearing his name. It brought back too many memories. Not good memories either.

I turned back around to look at her. She placed a hand on my shoulder. I flinched because of my scars. She sent me a regretful look before removing it. I sent her a soft, thankful smile in return. She smiled back at me.

I looked down at my heels and blushed at what she had just said . I played with the ring on my finger. I guess he is mine. I think he is anyway.
"I-I know Jia."
I turned back around to look at them.
"T-trust me I know."

Carlos looked up at me and we made direct eye-contact. We just stared at each other with wide smiles on our face. It was as if the world around us didn't exist. Like it was just him and I. No one else.

His smile was so large and bright  that I couldn't believe how happy and handsome it looked. How happy and handsome he looked. His hair had been messed up by Nia's chubby little hands playing with it. I could see little red nail marks on his cheeks where she had grabbed and pulled at them. His collar was messed up but it only made him look better.

I couldn't believe how amazing he looked. I had never really looked at him like I was now. Like there was no one else to distract or disturb me. He never did look more happier than he did in this moment. Never did he look more care-free and genuine.

"Jia we need to go."
I reluctantly peeled my eyes away from Carlos and looked at Jeremiah.

He was walking towards us with a sleepy Jerome on his shoulder. His head was on his father's shoulder and his arms were wrapped around his neck. Jeremiah's hand were supporting his bottom to make sure he wouldn't fall as he slept.
"It was nice to see you again Lavender. And good to meet you
Mr Reid."

He looked at me and sent me a soft smile. Jia walked up to Carlos and took Nia off him. She refused to let him go and whined and moaned as she was pulled off him.

She gripped his arm and pulled herself back towards him.
"It's alright Dove. We'll see each other again."
Carlos peeled her hand of his arm and Jia was able to get her.  Jia walked away as Jeremiah approached me. I could hear Nia's cries as they exited the hall along with a few other guests too.