Chapter 25

I had my One Direction playlist on while writing this and kept getting distracted by vibing and crying.

So there may be some mistakes just tell me or ignore it.

Enjoy

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Christopher's PoV

Lavender was such a precious girl. No danger or pain could extinguish the positive energy she always seemed to radiate or could wipe the brightening smiles of her face that lit up the whole room. She was the first person you would look at when entering a room. Her natural beauty and shy personality made her a very likeable person.

But the pain and danger couldn't extinguish the fact they were all fake. The fact ,that no matter how bright she smiled or how much positive energy she released, there was always a look in her eye that showed how every piece of her was breaking from the inside to the out.

The pain of that was heartbreaking to see, especially being her father. No father wants to see their child in pain. No sane one at least.

It hurts more knowing I could have been the one to have stopped the pain before it even happened but I was blinded by a fake facade. A polite-looking boy that I thought could never have caused the pain he did.

How wrong I was.

That polite-looking boy was the reason for my baby's nightmares and the reason she looks at herself in another light now. Only her and him know exactly what happened in 'there' and it's agonising to not know everything she went through. To not know how to help or make her feel better because I don't know the exact reason she is feeling that way.

But ,even if it feels like I'm dying from curiosity, I will never push her to tell me. She will tell me when she is ready.

I know ,if I force her to, it will only cause her more pain and distress. I don't want that. She deserves so much better than she has been given and I'll ensure she's given that until my last breath.

She deserved to be looked after and handled like the angel she is. Did Jonas do that? No but can he do that? Can Carlos do that? I hope so.

I was extremely cautious on my decision to let another man enter her life especially after 'him'. What if Carlos hurt her again like Jonas did? Or even worse? I couldn't be able to bare it. She had only just started getting better. I don't want all the progress we had just made to absolutely go down the drain.

But I had to take a chance. I had to make a decision that may end good or end even poorer than last time. We'll never know if we don't try.

I can't keep her to myself her whole life. She'll need someone to look after her when me and Antonio can't and I'm certain he'll be able to do that. I'm certain Carlos can do that.

Even if I just met him, I know he's nothing like Jonas. Instead of complaining when she panicked like Jonas did, Carlos calmed and helped her get better. Instead of making her do things I know will make her uncomfortable like Jonas did, Carlos let's her go at her own pace and helped her along the way. He's nothing like him and let's hope he never will be.

The only reason I let her be around Jonas was because I thought he'd help her get out of her shell. I thought he'd help her experience the most of life. Not make her experience of life horrible. I didn't intend for that. He wasn't suppose to hurt my sweetheart. He wasn't suppose to break her until it took years of therapy just for her to speak again. He wasn't suppose to shatter her into millions of piece to never be put back together. I never wanted any of that and I'll forever regret my decision to let him be around my sweet Lavender.