Bonus Chapter 5 pt2

The day was perfect

The day was perfect. We had so much fun. It was lovely to catch up with some of my old friends and family. The love and support they all gave me of my pregnancy was amazing. They congratulated and gave their love to me on multiple occasions. It was amazing to see how much they cared and were excited for the new addition to the family.

I got to talk to some of the younger ones too. Cody was happy for me. He congratulated me and said that he was so excited to meet his new niece or nephew. Jessica was the most happy. She had asked me loads of times what I was going to name it? What I thought it would be? When I thought it would be due? Jeniffer literally had to pull her away from me so I was so overwhelmed. I was glad she was excited for her brother.

I had missed Vanesia, Nia and Jerome so much. They brought so much positivity and happiness into my life that it always seemed to light up whenever they were around.

Vanesia was doing much better. She looked so much happier and healthier. She got along with both of her new sibling so well. They laughed and all had so much fun together. It warmed my heart to see how much they both had helped her without even fully knowing it. She had gotten better at speaking and surprisingly good friends with Cody, Jessica and Nathaniel. I loved the fact they were all best friends with each other. It was sweet.

Nathaniel was both upset and happy about my pregnancy. He said the now I was pregnant there was no way I'd leave Carlos and go with him. He was so funny and cute. I saw how he would wind Carlos up by hugging and kissing me. I loved it. He was just an amazing person in general.

It was coming to the end of the night and Carlos was acting strange. He would just stare into the distance and his knee would bounce which I knew he hated so it confused me to see him doing it himself. He would sometimes look down at his phone multiple times in a minute just to see the time. He would bite his nails and look around nervously.

I would try talk to him but he would act nervous and awkward. I honestly didn't know what was going on with him. He has never been like this. He's always so confident. Was it because I was pregnant? Was he starting to regret it now? Did he not want a child with me now? I hope not. I thought he wanted kids. He said he wanted three. Did he not want them with me? Was that it?

That thought made me sad for the rest of the night. What if he was actually regretting it? I didn't want him to do that. He seemed so happy this morning. Why did his mood dip so fast? Did something happen? Maybe he got a bad phone call or Antonio said something to him when I saw them taking earlier? I hoped it was one of those two rather than the first.

It was reaching the end of the night when Carlos turned to me.
"Lavender come with me for a moment."

I gulped down the big lump in my throat. I was anxious and also scared for what was about to happen. This was the moment he would tell me. I nodded my head and got up from my seat. He held his hand out for me and I slowly took it. He was going to tell me he didn't want a kid. I knew it. I could feel it in my gut.