Why?

I grasped tightly to the bolt of the door and opened the bathroom door. I had a towel on and I wanted to take a quick bath.

'Life is beautiful with you... ' I sang out loud enough for the girls to hear in their various rooms.

As I scrubbed down my arm, I heard Alex voice from downstairs as he made his way to the bathroom.

'Yeah, Max, get those books for me, k?!' he yelled walking backwards to the room we all go dress up one after the other.

I tied the towel back on my body tightly and I closed the door behind me. When I closed the bathroom door, I heard a knock on the room door.

'Yeah!' I yelled.
'Oh! Stacy, you through?' I heard his voice yell through the door.

'Yeah, you can come in' I said, ensuring that I fastened my towel very well before letting him In.

The door handle creaked and he came in and went straight to the toilet which is another room.

'How was the meeting?' I asked as I wore a shirt and a jean trouser.

'Yeah, I got news' he said as I heard him zip up his trouser.

'Ok, I'll see you downstairs' I said and as I wanted to leave, he opened the door and he called after me.

'Stacy'

I turned and he walked upto me.

'Who is Mattew to you?'

I stared at him wide-eyed. Where did he get that name from?.

Alex Cameroon P.O.V.

She stared at me like I told there's a zombie apocalypse. There's no such thing, is there?

'Where did you get that name from?' she asked in a whisper.

I shrugged and faced her properly.

'I saw it in the museum, near my brother's house' I said.

She turned back and placed her two hands on the window frame with her head bent down.

'Mattew Melghart is my dad' she said.

Whoa!

My super star is her dad! Cool!

'Well, you must know the occupation he's involved in, then' I said and took three steps forward.

'Occupation?' her voice shattered as she turned to face me.

'Please tell me' she whispered.

Tears were visibly gathering at the corners of her eyes.

'No, I don't want you to cry, I'm sorry for bringing it up' I said and walked up to her.

'Tell me' she whispered softly. Her brown eyes looks different than other girls eyes.

'Please'

I sighed and looked down.

'Your Dad... Mattew Melghart, is a musician. He's videos are the things that inspired me to be a singer' I said.

She looked down slowly to my chest, then her palms.
She smiled and nodded.

'He was a great man. Who believed in family' she said and looked up at me.

'He related with someone called Nahum Nanim. The one and most I regret, is that I never sat with him... To tell him.. how I feel, concerning him. We got a call on a Friday night, the night he was to see me, that he got an accident. And he was found dead on the wheel.
But, had a stab at the back, here in California' she said in a whisper.