Day One: Inspiration

Now I'm starting to do my first Damianette December. Hope you like them.

Ms. Bustier assigned the class to come up with a creative Christmas song and costumes that show their inspiration for Christmas. But it was difficult for Marinette, she's been going through writer's block the past few days. Not even Chloe, Kagami, or Nino could help her get over it. Even her parents tried to help but nothing worked and she has to get it done before the first day of December. Tikki was trying to help Marinette with the song but nothing was helping her. "What am I going to do Tikki? I haven't started the costumes and I have nothing for the song. I can't think of one thing that inspires me." Marinette spoke in panic.

Marinette was pacing back and forth in her room, trying to come up with an idea for the costumes and song. She turned around and saw the photo of her and Damian watching the sunset in Paris from her break. That was when she got the perfect idea for a song and costumes. She quickly rushed out of the room to shop for fabrics. 

The next morning was the presentation of the class's songs. Lila just finished her song which was just a copy of a song someone already knew. But after she was done, it was Marinette's turn. She got up from her seat and pulled off her coat to reveal her costume.

 She got up from her seat and pulled off her coat to reveal her costume

Marinette's Costume

Marinette walked up to the microphone and started to sing. However, she didn't see in the audience that a certain someone was watching her.

Marinette:

Carolers singing
Sleigh bells are ringing
It's that time of year
Everyone's toasting
Chestnuts are roasting
Christmas time is near

Something's missing and I'm wishing
Wishing that you knew
How much it would mean to spend this
Christmas time with you

So if you feel it coming
On this special day
Just trust your heart
Don't let your head get in the way

'Cause it's Christmas
And the start of something new
Well, it's Christmas
And I hope you will feel it too

Candy canes and mistletoe
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
But all of it means nothing
Without you
Without you

Just for a minute, you get a feeling.
Look up in the sky.
Santa's here, so get in the spirit.
Just give it a try.

Children beaming and I'm dreaming
Hoping that it's true.
'Cause it would mean so much to spend this
Christmas time with you!

So if you feel it comin'
On the special day,
Just trust your heart
'Cause I can't wait to hear you say

That it's Christmas!
And the start of something new.
Well, it's Christmas,
And I hope you will feel it too.

Everyone, together sing.
Silver bells, and golden rings.
But all of it means nothing,
Without you.
(No, no, no)

It's not Christmas without you, you, you

Everyone except for Alya and Lila clapped. The bell rang for the end of the day and all of the students raced out of the classroom. Chloe, Nino, and Adrian were gathered around Marinette as they walked out of the building. They kept on asking her how she managed to come up with that song. "Let's just say, a familiar face reminds me of what the holidays are about," she answered.

By the time Marinette headed outside, she saw a familiar black motorcycle that was out front. And stood beside it was the one and only, Damian Wayne. Marinette ran towards him and wrapped her arms around her. For he was truly her inspiration.