trouvaille | 17

Venti clears his throat, closing his eyes as he starts to play a beautiful tune.

"Long, long ago, before the Archon War, in a place filled with flowers lived a family of three. A mother, a father, and their only daughter, Mei. In a nation that doesn't exist now, they lived there peacefully.

One day, a boy who was looking for a home stumbles upon the family. His name was Ying. The boy who was once lonely, was no longer alone.

He had a place to call home. And finally, a friend to call his. As time passed by, the two children were now adults. From friends, they became lovers. And so they hoped they would live peacefully in their home for the rest of their lives.

But fate was cruel. Tragedy came, and a curse was formed. Every lifetime they would spend together would end tragically. Every few years, Mei would be reincarnated. And just like what destiny has written for them, they shall find each other again. And just like what fate had planned for them, they shall lost each other again. The girl would die, and the boy would forget. The process would never end, unless the curse will be broken."

Venti opens his eyes as soon as the song finishes. He looks at the Adeptus, smiling at him. "Now, that should answer your question."

Xiao frowns at him, "But-"

"Did you give the book to her?" He asked him, grinning at him as if he was waiting for the Adeptus to tell him all about the mortal.

(A/N: in chapter 2, venti gives xiao a book and tells him to bury it under a golden tree, so that when the time comes and he meets a person he finds intriguing, he can give it to that person and maybe his questions will be answered.)

"Her?"

"No need to act oblivious, Xiao. The winds are with me, after all." Venti winks at him. "Now, this mortal that I speak of, did you give the book to her?"

The Adeptus looks away, shaking his head no. Venti pursed his lips, frowning as he looked at Xiao with disappointment. "Vagina."

Xiao frowns back, "Vagina?"

"I was about to call you the P word, but I realized that it sounded too... vulgar." The God chuckles, scratching the back of his neck. "You should give it to her, you know. It's the only way to break the curse."

"What are you talking about?"

The God exhaled almost too loudly, "I'm so tired of having this conversation with you. Goodness, will you just hurry up and give the book to her? I want a happy ending already."

The Adeptus deadpanned. "Are you perhaps drunk?"

"Ahh, I wish I was. Unfortunately, this vintage wine of mine is already empty. Anyways, I should get going. I already miss Dawn Winery's wine. If you want to come with me, then don't be shy. It would be quite nice to have a drinking buddy, don't you think so?" He says, then suddenly his smile drops. "Just kidding. Go to her. Stop pushing her away, you little cat. I already did my part, Morax already did his. So in conclusion, you're the only one who didn't do your part yet."

"When you went to talk to the Geo Archon, didn't he already give you a clue?"

"You've kept your part of the contract. You've guarded Liyue and protected my people from danger for years. I think it is time for you to finally free yourself from the shackles that chains you here. And perhaps, may you find your long-awaited happiness that Liyue has kept away from you."

"And unexpectedly, she also has given you a clue. Though she also doesn't remember anything, just like you."

"I feel like I've known you forever."

"Fate is on your side this time. But unfortunately, you're pushing her away."

"Listen to me, and listen carefully. I'm willing to protect you. But don't think about getting too close, and stay out of my way. Or all that awaits you is regret."

The God stands up, his bow appearing out of no where. He aims it towards the Adeptus, "A week. You have a week left to break the curse. If you fail again this time, I swear to my name and Morax's name that I will hex you."

"How can you hex me if you're not even a mage?" He remembers that odd memory once again.

"Hex sounds familiar to you, doesn't it?" The God smiles. "It's the word that both of you favor after all, especially her."

"Oh, nevermind. Hex is not her favorite word." He corrects himself, "It's actually home."

"You're my home, Ying."

"Confused, aren't you?" He laughs, grinning at the Adeptus one last time. "Don't worry. Just give her the book, and the walls will finally break. Everything will make sense for you, then."

"Ah, and before I go, what was the first word she said to you when she found you in the balcony?"

"There you are, I've been looking for you."

Venti exhales loudly once again. "She found you. You found her. Again and again. This time, make sure you keep her."

Then, the God walks away, leaving the Adeptus who was still confused.

"Let's play hide and seek, but with a twist. We'll both hide from each other, okay? If fate is kind, we'll find each other again. And hopefully, we'll get to keep each other. If fate is cruel once again, then I supposed I'm ready to face a million more deaths if it means that I'll see you again in my next lifetime."

- trouvaille part 1 end -

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER."

A/N: for the ones confused, y/n is mei, and xiao is ying. so he's not cheating on you lmao. they're actually the ones in the tale of meiying (fun fact: venti was the one who wrote that in memory of them) as for the one who cursed them, she or he or they will be revealed in the next chapters (part two of trouvaille) also another fun fact: the last line "let's play hide and seek, but with a twist." is actually y/n's last words to xiao in their first lifetime together. in xiao's dreams, take note of the chrysanthemums and the dead crow. As stated there, chrysanthemums means death and the dead crow symbolizes that the old danger is now gone. The curse can actually be broken this time, but it won't be easy.

the book is divided into three parts. the first part ends here. the second part of the book will start next chapter (still in this book), and it will be the longest part. it will focus on the major plot + more fluff since xiao will finally man up and won't push y/n away anymore. the third part is the shortest. if you're still confused (since i'm not sure if i explained it properly) feel free to ask questions, i'll try my best to answer them:)

thank you for reading, have a nice day! <3