trouvaille | 17

The day of the Rite of Descension

"Have a safe trip!" He heard Verr Godlet bid the trio goodbye. The Adeptus looked down at them from the balcony, his stare lingering on the back of his mortal's head. He wanted her to look up, but at the same time, he hoped she wouldn't.

Was there a way he could see her smile again without her seeing him?

He sighs, turning around as he walked away from the balcony. At the same time, Y/N looks up. She smiles, despite his lack of presence.

"Oooh! What are you smiling at?" Paimon asked, floating above the mortal who only shook her head.

"Nothing." She says, "I just miss the moon."

"We'll see the moon later when it's night!" The pixie-like creature tells her, grabbing one of her hands, she pulled her towards the exit. "Now come on, the rite of descension is waiting for us! I wonder what Rex Lapis looks like."

The trio then started their journey towards Liyue Harbor for the Rite of Descension. And while they did, the Adeptus was also on his way to meet the Anemo Archon.

He had something important to ask to the Archon, after all. Though Xiao didn't run, and just tried his best to walk slower than usual. Somehow he was reluctant in meeting the God.

He knew the Archon for a lot of years already, and everytime they met, Barbatos would never fail to tease him. Their conversation would always start with the God singing him a song, then he would listen to what the Adeptus would have to say, and in between Xiao's sentences, he would disturb him by starting a new song.

Unfortunately for the Adeptus, today was his unlucky day. The God of Mondstadt was patiently waiting at him by the stone gate, a vintage wine in his hands. Once the God spots him, he immediately grins.

"My, my dear Adeptus!" He greets.

A memory of her flashes through his mind. "My, my dear Adeptus. Are you perhaps afraid?" He shook it off, ignoring the painful clenching of his heart.

"Barbatos." He greets, standing not too far in front of him. The God laughs, "Barbatos? Where?" then he pulls the Adeptus down to sit beside him and whispers to him, "How many times have I told you to call me Venti?"

Xiao sighs, "Okay, then, Venti." He says, making the God grin in delight. "I have a que-."

"A question, I know!" He cuts him off, as he puts out his instrument, strumming its strings. "But first, would you like to hear a song?" It's not like the Adeptus had a choice.