trouvaille | 30

Day 5 of courting Y/N (part one)

Y/N had a lot of hobbies. She liked to cook, she liked to draw, and most importantly, she liked to read. Just like almost every other reader out there, she enjoyed reading for it helped her escape reality and for a lot more reasons.

And Xiao-- he knew this.

Every lifetime that they had spent together, the girl's love for reading remained the same.

So for the third day of courting his beloved, he decided to buy her a book. But he had one not so tiny problem. He had no mora with him.

He swore he could hear Barbatos' voice in his head once again. "The Mighty and Illuminated Adeptus is broke? What a surprise!"

Just like eating, Xiao did not want or need anything that can be bought with Mora. Thus, he did not need it. That is, until today.

The first person that came into his mind was the God of Contracts-- who now was named Zhongli. The God had the ability to create Mora whenever and wherever he wanted, after all.

The Adeptus went to Liyue Harbor, and there he saw the traveler chatting with the former God he was looking for. Fortunately for Zhongli, the traveler needed to go to the Jade Chamber. After Aether had left, the Adeptus then asked him for mora, and told him the reason why he needed it.

The Archon gladly agreed-- and secretly made Mora in the poach Xiao carried. After his problem about Mora was solved, the Adeptus went over to the bookstore.

He looked over the books, wondering what the girl would like.

Then, he hears a voice.

"Are you looking for a book for Y/N?"

Xiao turned around, and once he did, he saw a young man with dark navy blue hair. He frowns at the boy, "Who are you?"

"Ah, forgive me for not introducing myself to you. I am Xingqiu, the second son of the Feiyun Commerce Guild. And you must be Adeptus Xiao. Chongyun and Y/N has told me a lot about you." He says, introducing himself.

Xiao's cheeks flushed red as he heard the last sentence the boy had said. But then he remembers who exactly Xingqiu was.

"Xingqiu told me that I have a lot of boyfriends, and that includes you too."

"If I may ask," He starts to ask the young man."What exactly have you been teaching Y/N?"

Xingqiu puts his hands up in defense. "I promise I didn't teach her anything bad."

"Oh, really? Does her having a lot of boyfriends ring a bell in your mind?" The Adeptus questions, walking closer towards the young man who only scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh! Y/N likes adventure stories!" He changes the topic, walking past the Adeptus as he pulls out a book in display. "This one is perfect! You're looking for a book for her, am I right?"

The Adeptus just frowns, before grabbing the book from the hands of the boy. He looks at it for a moment, before looking back at the boy. "Are you sure?"

"Certainly! I'm a bookworm myself, and not to mention, I'm Y/N's reading buddy." He says, before pulling another book. "This one is good too!"

Relationship 101: A Beginner's Guide

Once Xiao had read the title, he chokes on air. He puts the book back in the stand, "What the fuck." He curses under his breath.

"Hm? You don't like it?" The young man frowns. "But don't you think you'll be needing it? She is your first girlfriend after all, right?"

Xiao chokes on air once again. Now he knew who thought Y/N how to act the way she acted before she confessed in the balcony.

"Oh? Not yet?" Then, he laughs. "My bad. Maybe I should give more lessons to Y/N."

"No." The Adeptus says. "I'm courting her."

"Then, would you mind if I court her too?"

Xiao drops the book he was holding, glaring at the younger boy who only smiled back at him, mischievously. "What?" The Adeptus asked, his voice dropping to a lower tone.

"Would you mind if I court her too?" He repeats.

"Adeptus Xiao!" The Adeptus hears a familiar voice.

Chongyun.

Once the exorcist reached them, he quickly bowed to the Adeptus. "Adeptus Xiao, I'm very sorry if this boy here bothered you. If you'd like, we can form a 'Victims of Xingqiu' alliance."

"Chongyun, my boy!" The bookworm says, slinging his arm on the exorcist's shoulder. "I was just joking around with Adeptus Xiao here!"

The exorcist sends a tiny prayer to the Gods. "I must go now. It is nice to see you in Liyue Harbor, Adeptus Xiao." Then, he walks- no, runs away from the two.

Xiao went back to glaring at the bookworm, who raised his hands up once again. "I'm kidding, just kidding."

The Adeptus only squints his eyes at him even more.

"Oh would you look at that, it's time for me to go!" He says, "It was nice to talk to you, Adeptus Xiao! Please tell Y/N I said hello, and don't forget to buy the books I recommended! You'll need the other book for yourseld. Till we meet again!" He says, before running away.

In the end, Xiao bought two books: one for Y/N, and one for him.

5 days before the Lantern Rite Festival

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER."