trouvaille | 26

It was quiet

It was quiet.

He stayed still in that position, cradling her as he stared blankly at her pale face. His tears had dried, and he had no energy left to mourn for the girl.

This was the aftermath of her death.

Rage started to fill his entire body, and no longer did he think. His mind was frozen, and it was like the only thing he knew was that he craved revenge.

The boy wanted to tear the world apart, he wanted to burn it down until it is nothing more but ashes. He wanted to kill, God, he wanted to destroy everything but her. If he did all of that, would she come back to him?

Would she open her eyes once again, and smile at him? Will he be able to watch the sun set, and wait for night to come so that he can go stargazing with her again?

One last time.

He begs,

One last time, please.

Let's watch the sun set one last time.

But she remained the same: cold, and dead.

He leans down to kiss her forehead, bringing her closer to his chest. He wants to cry, but at the same time, he can't cry. Simply because his tears had run dry, and he can't bring himself to scream for he lost his voice.

He could hear footsteps approaching, but he didn't care and continued to rock her body back and forth like a mother trying to put her baby to sleep.

The boy could see someone stand behind him, and he hears them laugh. "It had to happen, you know."

No, it didn't.

"You were so bold to run away from home all those years ago, and even lied to her about not having a name." The wicked voice says, "So I had to wait, and wait. Until the right time to kill her came."

"It had to happen, my child. Aren't you happy to reunite with your mother, Alatus?"

"Aren't you happy to reunite with us? With your true family?"

He remains quiet, his eyes blank as he starts to feel insane.

"I had to do it, you know. It had to happen." The woman repeats, "I saved her from the Archon War that was about to happen. I gave her an easy death. Now look at her, doesn't she look peaceful?"

"Alatus." She sneers, grabbing his face to make him look at her. "Are you ignoring your mother?"

He looks at her, and suddenly he snaps. He summons his weapon, and stabs her with it. The woman laughs, spitting blood out from her mouth. "You ungrateful child."

He stabs her once again, his eyes widened like a psychopath. She sneers at him, "I took care of you. I gave you a home. I trained you, and God, I loved you. I did all of these for you, why can't you see that, my child? Huh, Alatus? Why can't you? And you did this to me. You did this to me just because I killed a girl? Just because I killed the archon of this lonely nation?" She laughs in disbelief. "I see how it is."

"I curse you in my name, I curse the both of you. The girl you love, will be reincarnated. And you shall meet once again. Doesn't that sound good, darling? You shall fall in love, again." The boy's eyes widened, as he removes his weapon on her. He looks back at his loved one, kneeling down beside her. "But!" She adds, laughing ever so wickedly. "But she will die again. And you will forget everything once that happens."

"Like, right now." She grabs his head, pressing her forehead against his, removing his memories.

"Sleep, my child. And you shall forget about all of this." She says, "Sleep." And he does so, closing his eyes as he forgets.

The sun rises, and the day finally arrived. The woman lays him down beside the female, looking at her in pity. "Well, it had to happen." And so, the woman walks away, and after a few seconds, she falls to the ground and smiles at the moon. "It had to happen." And her soul leaves her body, but the bitterness of her heart remained.

The sun shines at the two unfortunate souls, and once it's light touches the girl, her body slowly fades away into nothing but bloody chrysanthemums, and the woman who had cursed them turned into a dead crow.

And as years passed by, just like what the woman said, they met once again when the Archon War was nearing. They fell in love, and God, they almost had their happy ending. But another Archon came and found about his weakness; the girl. They used it against him in order to make him serve as their puppet. And after he was saved by the God of Contracts, the curse took place and the girl died. And Ying whose true name was Alatus was now given the name Xiao after he had forgotten about her again.

And so the process repeats.

But their fate never changed.

That is, until now.

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER

"AND THEN, THEY FOUND EACH OTHER."

A/N: in chapter ten, if you remember xiao's dreams, he was in a garden filled with flowers. then, his surroundings suddenly changed into bloody chrysanthemums, and he saw a dead crow. The chrysanthemums was actually Y/N, and the dead crow was the woman who was supposedly to be his "mother". Dead crow = the danger has passed. But take note of the necklace the "trader" had given to Y/N. It has a crow that's ready to fly, right? Also, take note that when Xiao saved Y/N from the ruin guard, she wasn't affected by the energy he radiated. She was able to spend so much time with him simply because she wasn't a mortal to begin with. Though, something is preventing her to be in her true form, which will be later revealed. The next few chapters will either just be fillers or fluff moments, and maybe a tiny bit of angst before it reveals the so called "truth". I'll be dropping a few hints in some of the chapters:>