trouvaille | 18

LIYUE HARBORTHE RITE OF DESCENSION

LIYUE HARBOR
THE RITE OF DESCENSION

It is a well-known fact that before you are able to go to Liyue Harbor, you must first pass in Wangshu Inn. You'll meet a lot of weird people there, and certainly, you'll enjoy your time there.

After you pass through the Inn, follow the trail and head straight for a couple of minutes or maybe hours. Keep walking, and then you'll finally reach the entrance of Liyue Harbor.

The city is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, with delicious dishes and multiple of stores. You'll find yourself wanting to spend more mora than usual. Liyue Harbor was usually filled with people, but since today was a special occasion, it is more crowded.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Let me pass through!" A boy wearing unusual clothes said, as he pushes through the crowd in the city. He spots the trio, and his eyes widened once he noticed the pixie-like creature.

"You there!" He shouts, running towards the three friends who looked at him confusingly. Once he reaches them, he bends over and pants. After a few seconds, he stands up straight and points to Paimon who only tilted her head in confusion as she whispered in Y/N's ear, "This guy is weird."

"You there!" He repeats, staring straight at the pixie. "How much are you?"

Paimon frowns, clenching her fists. "How much am I?! Listen well, mister! I am not for sale!"

"A talking toy? This just gets better and better!" He looks at Aether, "How much is this toy?"

"I am not a toy!" Paimon says, before pulling the two away from him. "Come on, guys!"

But before they could even leave, the man managed to grab a hold of Y/N's hand. The mortal turns to look at him, confused. He grabs something from his pocket, and put it in her hands.

It was a silver necklace that had a design of a crow preparing to take flight. In the back of it were ancient-looking words that she didn't understand. "How about we trade things?" He suggests, "You take this necklace, and I'll take that talking toy."

"I am not a toy!"

The girl attempts to pull her hand away, but he only grips it even tighter. She winces as his nails dig into her hand, bruising her. "Mister, please let go. My friend is not a toy, so please stop bothering us."

Aether attempts to help the mortal, but once he makes eye contact with the man, he freezes.

"Aether?" Paimon asks, waving her hands over his face but he doesn't move. The creature floats towards the man, trying to remove his hands from gripping Y/N's hand, but she ultimately fails.