Enemy of the Kaiuni-Chapter 1

Enemy of the Kaiuni: Chapter 1

(as told by Radiance)

I am a Malacentwertle named Radiance. My full name is Radiance Malacentwertle. I want nothing more than the power of total universal domination. I don't care that I'm greedy and self-serving. This is what I was picked to do. My ambition will serve me well. I am not very concupiscible truthfully, but I will do. I will do indeed.

I'm a young adult. I'm female. I'm not human. Humans live on Earth, of the star named Sun. I live on Eternal, a rocky cored planet a little similar to Earth, but very different. Eternal's sun is the star Bellatrix of the Orion constellation. Orion was supposed to be the best hunter in the world. I want his imaginary legacy to be my real one.

I also want off this planet. In a few years, Bellatrix will run out of hydrogen, and expand into a supergiant star, which will absorb on impact the planet of Eternal, and annihilate us all completely. I plan to be on another planet or at least some space station far away from here when that happens. And then I will laugh that I have survived over the rest of my species, whom I hate. They hate me back, so its only fair.

I must defeat all the other Malacentwertles and Kaiunis in battle to gain the power that I seek. Failure means my death. The only possibility in which I live is when I win over all the others. I have no allies, just many enemies partially DNA-related to me.

My species is called Elandorians. Single Elandorians are called an Elandor. I am one. I have purple-white skin and eyes a little larger than a human's. Elandorians are all anywhere from six feet to seven feet tall and have a lean build.

On my hands I have seven fingers and a thumb, the fingers are eight inches long including the palm, the thumbs are four inches long and stretch to the height of my palm. I have an average Elandorian build except I am five foot and a half. I am also have finished my growth spurt, so I will always be shorter than the rest of the Elandorians.

My eyeballs are a mass of dark brown gel. Inside are circular irises, pupils, and the rest of my eye, which floats around to whichever direction I point it in. I can literally look inside my own head, but all I can see is the rest of my skull, not my own brain or anything else.

I have depth perception because my eyes are strictly located on the front of my face. My head is the same shape as a human's and almost like one's, except I have no sense of smell. My nose is shaped just like a human nose but mine instead senses when rain is coming. There is less muscle or fat around my head compared to a human's, so it looks slightly skeletal to theirs.

I have two feet and stand upright. I have two arms that are the same length as my feet. I can run just as well as on all fours as just two legs. I prefer bipedalism, however. I breathe in carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide, whichever is more available, and breathe out oxygen. Breathing carbon dioxide puts less stress on my respiratory system.

I have hair on my head, arms, and legs, while nowhere else. Humans find it improper for a female to not shave her legs in some of their societies, but an Elandor's hair follicles would tear apart any razor's blades before it would allow itself to be trimmed. It is not meant to be removed. The hair does not grow very fast however, so again, there is no point in cutting it off. I keep mine tucked behind my ears and down. It is a silver color, the most common hair color of Elandorians. It shimmers beautifully when the light of Bellatrix is not obscured by clouds.

Elandorians wear clothes all the time, but have few styles compared to humans. Elandorians know all about the humans because we sent a probe to learn about them. Elandorians did not have a writing system or much idea of what to name celestial bodies before then. Elandorians took all the names for anything in space and our writing system from human culture. The Alciria, the other intelligent life on our planet, made their own writing system, which is remarkably similar to the Phoenician way of writing.

Alciria and Elandorians coexist peacefully on Eternal together, but they live in separate societies. They don't go near each other if they can help it. Elandorians have floating-in-the-air and underwater cities, while the Alciria have their underground cities. I live in a floating city called Star Strike City, the name is from shooting stars falling in perfect view of the city every night and sometimes day.

The Alciria are bipedal just like most of the Elandorians choose to be, but the Alciria are stocky creatures with massive muscle everywhere. They have crimson colored skin and grey lips. They are very unlike the humans in looks compared to the Elandorians. They obscure their faces from even their own kind, but I've seen that they have amphibian or perhaps reptilian heads, just like Earth's frogs and a little like geckos.

I met a Kaiuni once. He saw me as a young child and kicked me to the ground, laughing. He was not an Elandorian, but rather an Alciria. All Kaiuni are Alciria, but not all Alciria are Kaiuni, thankfully. Some Malacentwertle are Alciria, but most are Elandorians. I wish I could ask Malacent why, but he's not available for probably ever.

"What foolishness led to this dwarf of the Elandorians being picked to hold a Trait? Malacent must have missed his true target. Kai was so much smarter and better than Malacent, after all, he picked me for a Trait, didn't he?" the Kaiuni said to himself.

The Kaiuni did not kill me. He left after taunting me a while longer. No one came to my aid. I didn't have friends before I became a Malacentwertle and have no chance now. Malacentwertle and Kaiuni are on the outside of Elandorian society. There are also no 'families' here on Eternal. Elandorians are laid in egg sacs underground in deep caves and the strongest find their way to the top to join Elandorian society. The smartest make alliances to find their way and also survive. I may be smart, but I made no alliances, I struggled by myself.

What we could eat in the cave could also eat us. Elandorians are strict carnivores. Everything we eat must have taurine, an amino acid found only in muscle tissue, in it, but that amino acid also happens to be our only nutritional requirement. Plants are competely indigestible to us but at least are not poisonous. Many children are often killed fighting cave monsters in defense and for food. Some of the other children I suspect would feast on the dead, except that Elandorians cannot eat each other or they die.  Needless to say, Elandorians have never had any past civilizations where they eat each other.

Kaiuni and Malacentwertle may be against themselves, but they hate the others so much more that they will team up against the other kind before turning on themselves. I have not met other Malacentwertle and don't plan to unless absolutely necessary. I dislike even my original species, much less others with with a Trait. But I know I'm going to probably need help or at least to have Won against another Malacentwertle or Kaiuni before I can take down the Kaiuni I met long ago.

I want to take him down so bad because I had a vision that this Kaiuni is somehow a giant catalyst. He will determine somehow who gets all the best genetic enhancements in the universe and I need to be the one who will take him or I won't be the winner out of all of this.

Either I will or it will kill me. My situation is that absolute. But I will do anything for the taste of control of the universe. Anything at all.