CHAPTER 5: TIMEBREAKER

Since I'm awesome, you get a double update. Since there really wasn't any Adrinette except the banner bit in this episode, this is all just the aftermath of the akuma. It's shorter, but what else am I supposed to do?

Ladybug and Chat Noir were at the Eiffel Tower. Today, they had fought with someone who had the power to go back in time. It was easy for them, but for their future selves, not so much. Ladybug had something that was gnawing in her mind. She just had to ask it.

"Chat?" Ladybug said. Chat Noir turned his head towards her. He heard her voice and it sounded like she was about to cry at any moment. Ladybug didn't even face him.

"The future Ladybug told me that you sacrificed your life for mine. Can you tell me why you did that?" She now had tears streaming down her face.

"Ladybug, I can't tell you why he did it, but I can tell you why I would." He made her face him. "Besides you, I'm not one for emotions, so when I tell you that I sacrificed myself for you, it means something. You're my best friend. If I ever see you get hurt, I would kill myself for letting it happen. You mean the world to me. I will do everything in my power to make sure that it didn't happen."

Ladybug went to crush him in a hug, letting the tears fall. She was happy to have someone who cared that much about her who wasn't her parents. Even if they haven't known each other for a long time, she felt loved by his presence. Especially since he said that she was one of the people he showed his emotions to. It made her feel special.

Inside the jewelry they were wearing, the kwamis were smiling at their holders. Tikki was sure going to tease her when Marinette dismounted her. But for right now, she was smiling as big as she could. Plagg was happy that his holder was with his other half.

Ladybug was about to fall straight asleep, but Chat Noir stopped her. "M'lady. Before you go to sleep, you might want to go home first. As much as I don't mind you falling asleep on me, I wouldn't know where to drop you off yet."

Ladybug got up and faced Chat Noir. She smiled at him. Chat Noir took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Until next time, M'lady." He went off to the direction of his house, missing Ladybug blushing. Her face could compete with how red her suit was.

She got back to her room with a little bit of energy. She could stay up for about fifteen more minutes before passing out. When she dismounted Tikki, she gave her a cookie and went to lay down on her bed.

She went under the covers and laid on her side. On the bulletin board beside her bed, it had photos of her and Chat Noir over it. She was going to put her close friends on it, so she would have to take a photo with Felix so she could put him there.

Tikki saw her holder looking at the photos of herself and Chat Noir. "You really like him, don't you." Tikki asked.

"Yeah. I really do." Marinette answered as if her brain was autopilot. She soon fell into one of the happiest dreams she was ever going to have.

----------

When Felix came through his window, he quickly dropped his transformation and went to his bed. He couldn't stop thinking about what he said to Ladybug just minutes before.

He had basically confessed to her. He said that she was literally one of the three people who he showed his emotions to, the other being his mother and his new friend, Marinette. He said that he would do anything just to protect her. But he had the audacity to call her his best friend! It was terrible. But, even if he couldn't be with her, he would still like to be her best friend. It was better than just being her friend.

Plagg had come from getting his cheese. He had to savor it so that it would last him until Felix woke up. He saw that Felix was staring at the ceiling, having a war in his mind. Ignoring that, Plagg went to go to the bed Felix got him and fell asleep there.

---------------------

When Marinette got to school the next day, she was in an amazing mood. Since she was rarely late, it wasn't that weird about her being on time. When she got to class, she had apologized to Alix about the watch. Alix waved her off, saying that her watch was good in the end and that was all that mattered.

Marinette sat down and Alya had come in and sat beside Marinette. Alya saw that the girl was radiating happiness.

"What's got you so happy girl?" Alya asked.

Marinette's smile somehow got brighter. "Someone close to me told me how much they care for me. And before you ask, it's not someone you know." Marinette saw that Alya was going to ask her who it was.

Alya talked to Nino in front of her. Marinette went to get out her sketchbook to design whatever she could in her class. When she opened the sketchbook and looked around, she saw Adrien. Her smile got less bright, but it was still brighter than most people's. She avoided his gaze and went sketching in her sketchbook.

----------

Marinette, after school, went to text Felix. She wanted to know when the two could hang out again. She asked him when he was free and if they could go out to a cafe and just grab a bite to eat. While she waited, she finally remembered what happened the last time he hung out with her.

She remembered the ice cream he had gotten. It was Ladybug, she was sure of it! And she had gotten Chat Noir. She was honestly happy with what she had gotten. But Felix's? She needed a full body photo of Felix. She was going to find out if he was her partner. All she had to do was get the full body photo and color the Chat Noir suit on him.

------------

When Felix had gotten the text from Marinette, he told her that he could go out for a bite to eat on Wednesday at around five. When he thought about Marinette, he had thought about Ladybug. He was sure that she was her. She had bluebell eyes just like Ladybug. And she had the same pigtails. But he couldn't say it out loud yet. He didn't have any proof yet. Any diehard fan could have put on contacts and put on a wig to make them look similar to Paris's superheroine.

Felix was going to find a way to see if she was his lady. If he did, he could hang out with her more. But that was only if she would accept his company. He may not enjoy most people's company, but she was one of the people he respected and would do whatever it took to keep her out of harm's way.

So after this is Copycat. When I tell you that I know how to get Theo, or whoever he is, akumatized without Chat Noir doing it. I'm going to get him akumatized over Ladybug's words. And for the episoded The Pharaoh, Lady Wifi, The Evilustrator, and Rogercop, I'm going to combine them into one chapter so that we get to Dark Cupid sooner. If you haven't read it yet, I'm going to have the reveal in Dark Cupid.

Morganlbr