Chapter Seventeen

"You are not a victim. Just a fighter with scars few can understand."
𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

Bella's POV

Once those words come out of Owen's mouth my heart drops. How could this happen? Why take Asher? Out of all people why Asher?

I feel wetness on my cheeks and I realize that I started crying. I look at everybody in the room. Owen is trying hard to hold himself back from breaking down into tears, Clara also has tears running down her face, Josh is silently fuming with anger with a little sadness in his eyes, and James...he's absolutely pissed.

I can tell this is not gonna end well and he is going to act out on his anger.

I am proven right when he starts trashing the room, He grabs a chair and throws it at a wall and I watch as it breaks into pieces. He punches a hole in the same wall he threw the chair at. Vases are getting smashed to pieces on the floor and tables and chairs are being thrown. Then James turns around facing the wall that is behind me and punches a hole in it making me flinch.

He notices my flinch and instantly the anger in his eyes is replaced by guilt. He steps back from the wall and comes in front of me. He grabs my face and pulls me into his chest, "I'm so sorry Bella," he says and I curse myself for not holding back the flinch.

"It's fine James, you have a right to be angry, but at the same time I don't think it was such a good idea to smash everything because now you have to clean it up and replace it," I say with some humor in my voice to lighten the mood.

He lets out a chuckle and holds me tighter, "Yah your right about that." I laugh and pull away to look in his eyes.

He is smiling down at me but I know that some of it is forced and there is a hint of sadness in his eyes. Poor Asher I hope he isn't in pain. I give him a small smile that doesn't reach my eyes and I know James can tell, which makes his smile drop all the way.

I let go of James and walk over to Owen.

I pull him into my arms and he immediately breaks down and starts sobbing. I rub his back to help calm him. It works as he stops sobbing and is just sniffling. "He's gone, Asher is gone, they fucking took him and shot my girlfriend!" his voice gets angrier and louder after every word he speaks.

"I know and we are gonna get Asher back, and Lily is going to be ok...speaking of Lily where is she?" I ask him and pull away so I can see his face. He looks so beat, so empty.

"She is at a hospital," he says and walks away.

I turn to everybody else in the room, "Do you want to go and see if Lily is ok?" I ask and they all nod.

James grabs his keys and we head out of the door to his car and once we are all in he drives off to the hospital. No one says a word on the way there, we're all stuck in silence replaying the events that have happened only a few minutes ago. Another tear falls down my cheek as I stare out my window. I can't believe this happened and on Christmas of all days.

We finally get to the hospital after what seems forever. We walk inside and ask the receptionist for Lily's room number. Unlike other receptionist she doesn't give us a hard time, probably seeing the drained and dead looks on our faces.

We head to Lily's room and walk inside to see a nurse talking to Lily. When we walk in the room the nurse looks up and gives us a sad smile before leaving us. Me and Clara walk to Lily's bed while the boys stay in the corner of the room watching us.

"Are you ok?" Clara asks and I look to Lily waiting for her to answer.

"Yes the bullet hit my thigh but I'm fine, although it did hurt like frick." Lily says and I let out a little laugh at her attempt to not cuss. She's just to innocent, she will not cuss she refuses but if she is ticked off enough she will and it's the most surprising thing to hear.