Chapter Six

"we're just kids. we aren't supposed to be heroes."

James's POV

"My dad uses me as a punching bag, do you get it now."

I immediately walk out of Bella's house before I destroy what's inside. Her dad beats her? That son of a bitch if I ever get my hands on hi- my thoughts are interrupted by Josh and Owen walking out of the house.

"Hey man what was that back there?" Josh asks.

"Nothing I'm just not in the mood to deal with that right now," I say as I pull out a cigarette lighting it up, and sucking the smoke is automatically relaxing.

"I had no idea her dad would beat her, I thought she was one of those rich girls with a perfect life," Josh says. I roll my eyes at what he says. He should know that you never judge someone at first glance.

"I don't think you only came out here because you're in a mood James, I think you went out here because you like Bella and hate the thought of her being hurt by someone," Owen says and I snap my head to him and glare at him.

"No I don't Owen you know I don't do relationships and the only reason I'm around that girl is to make sure she's not gonna snitch."

"Oh come on James we all know she's not going to snitch so why are you still around her if you don't want to be hmm?"

"Yeah even I can see the attraction and I know nothing about this kind of thing," Josh says, I glare at both of them and throw my cigarette down and smash it in the ground with my foot.

"I'm not dealing with this right now, come on we have shit to do," I say, and after Josh and Owen say bye to Bella we get in the car and head to one of my clubs.

We get there and walk up to the long line of people and straight to the bouncers that are out front. When I walk up to them they give me a respectful nod and open the ropes for us to walk in.

Once I get in I automatically smell alcohol and the sweat coming from people on the dance floor. We are about to head to my office upstairs when a waitress wearing a black skirt that barely covers her ass, a white crop top, and black heels walks in front of us stopping in our tracks.

"Hey boss do you want me to get a room ready for you," she says in a seductive voice that makes me want to vomit.

"Uh no I'm good I only came here to speak to Nick." Nick is another one of my friends but he is a year older than us and I hired him to be the manager of this club.

I walk around the girl that has an annoyed look on her face and head up the stairs to Nates and mines office.

I get there and open the door not bothering to knock and see Nate in the chair behind the desk with a girl on his lap. I roll my eyes at the site and Nick tells the girl to leave.

"What are you doing here guys," Nick asks us. "We just came here for the monthly report on the club then we are going to the warehouse to make sure everything with the gang is set for the race on Saturday," I say and Nick hands me the report and we leave.

We then head over to the warehouse for the gang to pick out a car for the race. "Do you think we should invite Bella to come to see the race," Josh asks. "What no she already saw us killing a guy she doesn't need to see us do more illegal shit," I say tightening my grip on the wheel.