Chapter Four

"his mind is a diamond. cold and hard and brilliant." 💎

James's POV

"Oh, I know your not gonna say anything but what you are gonna do is get in my car with me and my friends," I say to mystery girl. I am so close to her and now that it's not dark I can see her clearly. She is absolutely beautiful. She has such an angelic face that it makes me want to stop everything and just stare at her.

"What, but I can't my car is here," she says as she crosses her arms making her chest push up. My eyes go directly there and I quickly move them away before she notices. "It's fine I will pick you up from your house tomorrow to take you to school and you can get your car." I want her to come with us because we have to make sure she's not gonna snitch.

She rolls her eyes knowing I'm not gonna take no for an answer and follows me to my car with Josh and Owen on either side of her making sure she doesn't run.

"Hey what's your name pretty lady," I hear Josh ask and I roll my eyes.

"Bella, what's your guy's." Oh so her name is Bella, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl...wait no stop thinking that. I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. I don't care for her. But why can't I stop thinking about her? Why couldn't she look ugly or something? It would make this whole thing easier.

"I am Josh, that's Owen on your left and that's James in front of you," Josh says.

"So why do you guys want me to go with you?" Bella asks.

"We are gonna make sure you aren't gonna snitch, and for some reason, James here hasn't killed you so you will be spending a lot of time with us so you don't snitch," Josh says and I see Bella nod her head. She seems so calm about this whole thing.

We get in my jeep with Bella in the passenger seat, me in the driver's seat, and Owen and Josh in the back seats. I start the car and head out of the school parking lot to go to the gang warehouse.

Bella just sits there silently looking out of the window. How is she so calm, shouldn't she be scared. The question slips out before I can stop myself. "How come your so calm right now?"

She gives a small humorless laugh, "If you killed me you would only be saving me from more pain." What does she mean by that? Only this time I don't ask her because based on her answer she doesn't want to talk about it.

A phone ringing breaks me from my thoughts. I look over at Bella to see she is pulling out her phone that is ringing and the name on the phone is Zack. Is that her boyfriend? She has a fucking boyfriend. I start gripping the steering wheel at my thoughts but then see Bella decline the call. "Is that your boyfriend? He's probably worried about you ya know." I manage to grit out. "No it's my dickhead of an ex-boyfriend," Bella says and I loosen my grip on the steering wheel at hearing that it's her ex.

Why did I get mad in the first place, she can date whoever she wants.

But something in my chest pokes at me at that thought. We then pull up to the warehouse and head inside. I put in the codes to get in and we walk in to see a huge open cement space with couches formed into an L shape and a TV in front of it.

We also have a kitchen and multiple bedrooms here. And we have a basement where we take rats and others that piss us off or do us wrong to punish.

We all go to the couch and sit down. "So how are you gonna make sure I don't snitch?" Bella asks breaking the silence that fell upon us.

"We are basically gonna be watching you and your gonna have all classes at school with at least one of us, you will also be sitting with us at lunch." Owen says answering for me.

Bella sighs in annoyance and says "fine whatever, I mean it's not like I can do anything about it, but I do have a question."

"Ask away pretty lady," Josh says and I give him a warning glare to which he returns with a questioning look. I don't even know why I did that I just know that I didn't like it when he flirted with her.

"Why don't you guys just kill me," Bella asks.

"Because you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time which makes you innocent," I say, "And while on that topic, why were you in the ally in the middle of the night."

"I like to take walks at night, it relaxes me," Bella says. That's weird because I like to do the same. Who is this girl and what the fuck is she doing to me.

"Wait so why were you guys in the ally that night," Bella asks while looking at us three expectantly.

"Right well we are in a gang called the spades and the guy we shot is a rat and is working for some other gang," Josh tells Bella who just nods no surprise in her features at all.

What is up with this girl

"So can I go home now that you guys have covered everything with me?" Bella asks and I look at the time to see it's already 5:00 pm. We have been here for two hours.

"Sure come on, you can give me your address and I'll drop you off," I say as I get up with Bella and we head to my car. She gives me her address and we head off.

Once there I park the car in front of her house and hear her whisper a quiet "shit." I turn my head towards her and say "What, what's wrong."

"Oh nothing thanks for the ride and see you tomorrow." And with that, she gets out, shuts the car door, and heads inside her house.

What are you hiding Bella Hayes?