Chapter Six Day Three- Sort Of

Clara

I am a mature woman, in my own house, I can walk around in a towel if I want, I tell myself. Besides, the bathroom adjoins my bedroom, and that door is shut. So why did I feel excitement at the thought of Tristan walking in on me, naked under this towel? Too much booze? No, that's not it. You know why my mind whispers. You like him. I didn't before today, but after he made me pancakes and seeing him the rest of the day helping, never complaining, he began to grow on me. At the river, he had been quiet but observant, and I was relieved that he hadn't insulted my friends with his usual abrasive words. I saw a whole new side to The Devil I had never seen before, and I liked this version of him.

When I had made him fall on the wagon I had felt terrible about it, realizing I was being immature and mean despite him helping, so I decided to stop being a turd to him. James and Tristan had helped one another by taking turns and I had never seen James so friendly around any guy I hang out with. Well, come to think of it, the only guys he ever saw me hang out with besides him and his brother were just friends with benefits. And they wouldn't be helping bale any hay for me or my friends.

Making a face at myself in the mirror as I dress in my Eeyore pajamas Eve bought me for Christmas, I walk back to my adjoining bathroom to brush my teeth and call it a night when I feel something soft and furry scurry over my foot and I let out a scream. Holding my chest, I realize it is a mouse and I curse my cat for not doing his job.

"Clara? What's wrong?" I hear Tristan calling for me in my bedroom sounding worried. Walking into my bedroom, I stop in my tracks, throat dry, taking in his body only clad in boxers. Damn, if I thought his chest was fine, his thighs are also a sight for my dry spell. I never thought I was into thighs, but his are so large and muscular and my mind begins to wonder what they would look like if--

"Clara?" Tristan's voice breaks me from the spell as he nears me and goes to touch my arm.

"Nothing, sorry to worry you. My cat Lucifer is too damn lazy to do his job and catch mice, that's all. It walked over my toes and scared me. Thanks for coming to check up on me though."

 Tristan's eyebrow lifts in question as he steps forward, so close my hand could touch his. He asks, "Lucifer?" I shrug and smile, "I like the movie Cinderella. He is a naughty cat so it fits." I should move away from him, his body heat alone is tantalizing and he smells like he belongs somewhere fancy, not in the middle of a farm, where the men here usually smell like Irish Spring. It's a reminder that he shouldn't be here, in my world. Like in a web, I stay where I am, but his hand touches my arm. The heat from his hand is also reflected within his gaze as he stares at me. His hair is disheveled and my fingers itch to smooth it back into his usual neat style. Who is this Tristan?

Tristan wordlessly brings his other hand to my face and his thumb grazes my lip as he did his first day here. I shiver at his touch. A moan escapes me and before I pull away from embarrassment, Tristan takes it as encouragement and pushes me against the wall and brings his lips to mine. The hand that was on my arm is now cradling my face with the other as he slides his body along mine and I feel his hardness touch my stomach. My nipples are pebbles and scrape along my cotton pajama top as he opens my lips with the tip of his tongue and slides it tentatively into my mouth. His full lips move on mine to deepen the kiss and I grab his face like he does mine, holding on for the ride. Tristan begins to slide his hand down and touches my breast, sliding his fingers back and forth, both teasing me and causing me to moan in his mouth.

He grabs one of my hands and brings it to the hardness in his boxers and breaks the kiss to whisper in my ear, "Do you see how fucking hard you make me?" I squeeze the bulge, eyes widening at his size before his lips are back on mine, making me forget why he came into my room in the first place. A phone rings from within his room, and I freeze. To be phoning this late at night is a sign, and the ringtone song Lady in Red confirms my idea that it's a girlfriend. I begin to pull away as Tristan groans.

"Clara, wait it's--"

I hold my hand up to stop him. "It doesn't matter who it is, I am just thankful for her calling you right now. It saved us both from making a big mistake." Tristan attempts to come closer and I evade his touch by going to the bathroom. "Let's pretend this never happened, okay? We work together and today I actually liked you as a person, no more." Before he can reply, I shut the door.

Leaning against it, I let go of the breath I had been holding when I hear his footsteps leave my room followed by the closing of his door. Ignoring the sadness that hits me when I hear him talking to someone on his phone, I listen to music on my headphones and tell myself I don't care who he's talking to or whether or not he is on the phone for long.