Chapter 4: Vampire?

Comenzar desde el principio

"And the vampire?" I questioned.

"Got away. She jumped into the ocean," he answered vaguely, climbing into the drivers seat.

"How far is Sam's?" Scott asked from his place in the back seat.

"Only a few minutes," Derek said, giving the road extra attention as it wound and twisted along the cliff side. On one side was a straight drop to the ocean, on the other- a sheer rock face.

"So you're not going to give us anymore details?" I asked in exasperation, throwing my hands in the air.

"Did you want a play by play?" He asked sarcastically.

"Well, yeah! You saw a freaking vampire Derek! I want every single detail!" I practically yelled. "What was it doing here? Did it kill anybody? Did any of you get hurt in the chase? Do they see vampires often? We didn't even know vampires existed! What did it look like?"

"Stiles!" Derek barked, before I could get carried away.

"Sorry," I huffed, not really meaning it. I mean, come on! Vampires. Who knew? I needed more information.

"She looked like anyone else... except with red eyes, really pale skin- like paler than yours- and she could have been a super model. She didn't really hurt any of us, but not for lack of trying. Mostly she ran and we chased. She was really fast. Sam didn't explain anything else," he finished as we pulled onto a narrow dirt road.

"I have so many questions," I breathed, making both Derek and Scott roll their eyes.

"Of course you do," Scott laughed, punching my shoulder playfully.

"Guys- seriously. Vampires," I emphasized.

"Stiles... if you say vampire again I swear-," Derek gritted, making me snort out a laugh. His nostrils flared at the sound.

We were pulling up to a small, two story house made entirely out of wood. The colossal trees were encroaching on the dwelling, casting it in shadow, and it looked like it absolutely belonged there. The front porch was low, and there were so many windows I could barely count them all. The place looked so homey that I could picture myself curled up in the hammock on the porch with a fuzzy blanket and a good mythology book. I could live somewhere like this. It's breathtaking... perfect.

"Vampire," I sang, bolting out of the car before Derek could take a swing and giggling like a school girl.

It was then I noticed Sam leaning against one of the pillars, waiting for us. I stopped in my tracks and waited for Scott and Derek, trying to keep the smile off my face and look serious. Or at least somewhat serious. This guys poker face was almost as good as Derek's. My werewolves reached me and we waited for Sam's next move.

"Come on in," he said in a mild tone before turning his back on us and walking through the open door.

We all shared a glance before Scott shrugged, taking the lead and following Sam inside. I was next while Derek brought up the rear. The inside looked as homey and warm as the outside. I wish I had a werewolf's nose right now. I'm sure I would smell sweet grass, freshly baked muffins and possibly a hint of woodsmoke. The interior was also made solely out of wood, all of varying colours. This only added to the cozy feeling I was currently experiencing. This place felt right and I wasn't sure why.

There was a large, round table in the middle of the room that was surrounded by chairs, four of which were occupied. A huge bowl of homemade muffins sat in the centre of the table, and I was tempted to help myself like the rest of them were. Instead, I forced myself to focus back on the other people in the room.