"You too?" he said, huffing in exasperation.

"Thorn is right, this place is killing you. Leaving here isn't going to erase Burn's memory. Please, Rust, I don't want to see you drown just because you can't tell what air is," she said, getting Rust to huff again. "Rust..."

"Be rational. Don't get stuck in the quicksand. Remember your promise."

Coyote's voice echoed in Rust's head, making him chuckle with a hint of bitterness at the irony. Quicksand was Burn's 'sands of time', wasn't it?

You were a wise guy, Coyote. Never change, you smart ominous lizard. Never change.

"Rust?"

"I'll go," he said suddenly, interrupting and ignoring any worry from the two.

"Really?" Thorn asked, the sentiment of surprise quietly echoed by Rose.

"Really."

And that's how Rust ended up flying out to Jade Mountain a couple of days later. Already used to journeying in this general direction, he got to zone out for most of it. Until he had to land, at which point he wished he could continue not thinking.

Especially when a familiar odd-looking SandWing was the one waiting for him. "It's you," she gasped, apparently recognizing him as well.

"Hello. Thorn told me your name was Sunny so..." Rust said, trailing off as he saw her staring. "Um, earth to Sunny?"

"Sorry, it's just that I've never seen another SandWing hybrid. Or any hybrid, really," she said, smiling brightly at the prospect. "What's your name?"

"Rust, pleasure to meet ya," he said, nodding respectfully.

"Pleasure to actually meet you rather than just seeing you in passing," Sunny said, moving beside him to nudge him along. "Come on, I'm sure the others would love to see you. We're on a break right now and it's the perfect chance to meet the others."

"Right," he said, letting her touch him as she guided him. As they walked, she showed him a couple of things as they went to meet the 'others', probably the other dragonets of destiny.

She suddenly turned into a cave, forcing Rust to follow. Inside, a MudWing, NightWing, and SeaWing were familiar but the other two (a NightWing and a SeaWing) weren't. The SeaWing also was familiar enough with him to snarl when he came into view.

"Everyone, this is Rust. Rust, this is Tsunami, Clay, Starflight, Fatespeaker, and Webs," Sunny said, choosing to ignore Tsunami's aggression.

"This is the guy that was sitting beside Burn during the arena fights," Tsunami hissed, glaring at him to get no reaction.

"He's also the guy who swore loyalty to Thorn. He's fine, Tsunami, no need to attack him," Sunny said, moving to stand between Tsunami and Rust. She stood down, huffing at the need to.

Clay stared at Rust curiously, probably remembering the last time the two saw each other. Fatespeaker was whispering excitedly into Starflight's ear, the blindfolded dragon nodding along. Webs stayed back, barely glancing at Rust.

"Rust, tonight you can stay in one of the free caves. It's across from Peril, hope you don't mind," Sunny said with a small smile towards him. "At least if Peril was actually here..."

"Wait, Peril's here?" Rust asked, curious about the friend that he hadn't had a chance to talk to since his visit before the last celebration of Scarlet's birthday.

"Well, not here here," Sunny started but one of the others spoke up before she could continue.

"You know Peril?" Clay asked, now extra curious about the newcomer.

Wings of Fire: The Prequelsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें