1.5

Opening her dream eyes, Dust was left looking over a swamp. She stood on a balcony, the railing made of familiar wood. No matter how familiar it was, it was much more ornate than anything that Dust saw normally. Looking around, Dust almost instantly recognized the spires and walls nearby. She was at the MudWing Palace.

Beside her, Dust was surprised to see herself. A version of herself that is. This version had a few more scars than she did, 'she' had a necklace with a small amber pendant, and 'she' had a gem embedded in her chest.

Before she could get a good look at it, 'Dust' turned her head. Dust followed the other's gaze, finding a MudWing approaching them. He looked like any old MudWing with a few scars here and there including one across his snout, ink-stained claws, and warm amber eyes.

He came up beside 'Dust', brushing wings with her in greeting. 'Dust' put only one of her claws over only one of his, making the stranger smile. His eyes almost seemed to glow with his happiness.

The image flash happened, showing 'Dust' with a much bigger and gruesome scar across her side from her shoulder to her hip. A copper crown sat on her head, rubies glinting with their own type of power from their places in the metal. A piece of amber was embedded on her forehead, forcing the crown to be moved back a little.

'Dust' shuddered at the image just as the others had, causing the MudWing to react. He placed his snout under her jaw, nuzzling into her neck from the side. 'Dust' turned her head, placing her nose on his forehead with a quiet hum.

The ominous voice saved actual Dust from getting too flustered. "One will be of unlikely pairing, the outcome taking after the caring. Kingdom falling apart, now it's time for her to start taking her family's part. Uncover lie after lie from herself and many or the issues will be plenty."

Dirt from less kempt parts of the castle was flung into Dust's eyes, making her close her eyes to try and blink it away. Just as every time before, this simple act sent Dust into her own dreams rather than those of her powers.

{(:)}

The next week or so was pretty uneventful, just the same old classes, denying rumors, relaxing in the library, talking with Starflight, and hanging out with Anemone, Ostrich, and Pike (if he wasn't too focused on keeping his dear old princess safe). Only three things of note occurred and one of them went like so:

'The Silver Winglet went to the music cave, meeting the Gold Winglet for their class. The only remaining member of the Jade Winglet, Turtle, tagged along. Everyone went to what instrument they were comfortable with, some of them staying put as they watched the rest do their thing.

Three of those who didn't play instruments included Anemone, Dust, and Turtle. Too bored to just sit there all day, Anemone dragged Dust and Turtle into dancing. She didn't stay with them for long, running off to drag more dragons into it.

Anemone had done something mischievous before she had left. She had placed them into a pose that was meant for a duet dance before moving onto the rest of the room. Turtle had two left feet while Dust actually knew what she was doing from the few festivals her town had had.

During one instance, Turtle had nearly fallen over but Dust had caught him by grabbing his arm with the armband. The buzzing in the back of her head paused, giving Dust a little curiosity. She began basically guiding him through every step, Turtle giving her a sheepish grin while she did it and she just gave him a patient smile.

That armband is made out of gold and those weird stones, thought Dust as she spun Turtle around. Do those little stones block out mind-reading? Would they block out my sixth sense? Considering how loud the buzzing is getting, I assume the first question has a 'yes' as an answer. Interesting. Very interesting indeed.