Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Did you add strawberries in these?" Hope asks when Maggie comes out of the kitchen.

She shrugs. "Yeah."

Hope's eyes widens. "I told you Allison is allergic to strawberries," she grits out, glaring at the old woman.

"I forgot," Maggie mutters and I realize that she's lying. She knew I was allergic to strawberries and managed to hide the fact that the chocolate cookie had strawberry in it.

"I'm okay," I manage to say like a normal human being who isn't having an allergic reaction to strawberries.

Oh, god.

Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I wheezed, and then a violent pain sliced through my stomach. Clutching my abdomen, I slipped off the chair and landed on my knees, doubling over until I was pressing my forehead against cool wood flooring. Daniel's face appeared in front of me.

"Allison," he whispered, holding me close. "Ryan, start the car," he shouts and I tried to tell him I was okay, but it took me another second to realize I couldn't speak...because my throat was swelling.

I blinked because my eyes were swelling too. My medication is in my penthouse. I didn't need it actually since I was always careful about what I eat. My breathing got worse. My lungs seized because I could no longer get oxygen, and I think I began to vomit, but I was so weak, and my skin was so cold and clammy, I just stay in Daniel's arms. He's shouting something but I can't hear anything.

The second before I lost consciousness, a tear slipped down my cheek. This was going to hit him hard. He'd lived his whole life waiting for someone to love him, and now I had to leave him. Not wanting that for him, I tried one last time to tell him how much I love him but I couldn't.

"Don't scare me, Allison

"Don't scare me, Allison. Do not fucking scare me like that." I listen to my husband's voice and I want to smile but I control it as I keep my eyes closed.

Are you alive?

I am perfectly fine and breathing in ease.

You scared heck out of me.

Did I?

People are pacing back and forth not knowing what is happening to you.

Oh?

You better open that eyes of yours. It's New Year's Eve.

What? Oh my God. I immediately try to open my ey-

"I love you." I freeze and stop opening my eyes in mid way.