Chapter Thirty Six

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
-
Eleanor Roosevelt

_________________

"Jesus! Ally! Where in the world did you go?" Hope asks when I walk inside the living room

did you go?" Hope asks when I walk inside the living room. Everyone stares at me with wide eyes and relieved faces.

After my small talk with Daniel, I watched the movie for few minutes and then went out to buy some gifts which I didn't buy earlier. I also needed some time to think about Daniel's reaction. I remember Alex telling me about abandoned issues which might be why Daniel was hesitant to confess. That doesn't mean I'm going to let it go that easily. He loves me and I know it but I want to hear it. I won't tell him unless he confess first.

It did hurt but I'm a big girl who knows how to handle my man.

I place the shopping bags on the couch as I look at Daniel who's sitting on the couch, his hands on his head. His blue eyes meet mine and I see concern in them. Jesus!

He immediately rises to his feet and within a second, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me for a giant hug. I let my hands wrap around him. What's wrong?

"What's wrong?"

"You didn't leave," he mutters, tightening his grip around me. "You really didn't leave."

"Leave where? I went to buy some things which I missed out earlier," I tell, pulling away from him. I look at Daniel's face and realization hits me. He thought I left him. As in I left him completely. "Why will I leave you? Because you didn't tell me what I wanted to hear? C'mon, you can't get rid of me that easily."

Daniel sighs before stepping away from the me but doesn't move his hand away from my hip. I turn towards others. "What are you all looking at? It's almost dinner time so everyone start your work," I order as everyone gets back to their work.

Two hours later, everyone went to their own home after dinner. My main aim today was matchmaking which worked pretty well. John was staring at Hope throughout the dinner while she glanced at him in between. Some more time and they would hit off.

Ryan and Leila were already on the track and that didn't need my push. James already has a thing going on with Gracie which is heating up things since today she is going home with him. Work might have been interesting for them when I was away. Next couple is Alex and Angel which doesn't look like it's working. Both of them are in their own world so that might flop. Marco is already with Merlin and that's going pretty well. He told me how much Merlin is sorry about not telling me things and she's ready to talk once holidays are finished.