Chapter Twenty Five

Change will not come if we
wait for some other person
or some other time.
We're the ones we've
been waiting for.
We are the change
that we seek.
-
Barack Obama

_______________

"Do you have a concussion? Did you hit your head somewhere? Or did you loose your memory?" Ryan asks grabbing me by my shoulders and staring at my face

"Do you have a concussion? Did you hit your head somewhere? Or did you loose your memory?" Ryan asks grabbing me by my shoulders and staring at my face. His eyes digging holes into my face.

"No, no and no," I replied, a bright grin playing on my face. I step backward, letting his hands fall off my shoulders. "I'm fine and cent percent perfect," I say moving my hands up and down in an attempt to show him my physical health.

I can even run a marathon. Maybe I should try for Olympics next year. I may even end up winning a gold medal.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

I'm serious!

Jesus!

"Then why don't you move your ass downstairs so that you're husband won't end up cheating on you," he growls, his hands pulling his hair in frustration. He's standing in my bedroom wearing a blue and white suit, looking handsome as always but the childish look on his face doesn't vanish.

I narrow my eyes at him and takes a step forward so that there is only inches between us. I stabbed a finger at him. "Ryan Jade Carter! Don't you dare take that tone with me, boy!"

"Boy?"

"Err... Boy or man. It doesn't matter. Don't you dare take that tone on me. If you'd dare then wait for your little secret to-"

"No, I get it," he mutters and sits down on the bed.

Good boy! He's really a sweet little boy. Ain't he?

Shut up!

"Let's go," I say, turning around and marching towards the door.

"Wait," I stop when I hear Ryan's voice. "Where're you going?"

"To meet my husband and his so called mistress."

"You... you mean to say that you're going downstairs to meet them?" Ryan asked, standing up from the bed.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I'm going to Switzerland. Yes of course I meant that I'm going downstairs to attend the party. What else do you think I'm talking about?"