Chapter Eleven

Always speak how you
feel and never be
sorry for being real.

__________________

"Ally, are you sure?" Hope asks for the eighth time

I roll my eyes as I read the newspaper. It's been tiring for the past few days since the trial of Sienna's case and Daniel shouting at me. That case was a small disaster. I couldn't get out of my house for two days because the media surrounded my house and office. My friends were with me the whole time, consolidating for God knows what. I wasn't upset about what had happened, I was angry. You know why? Because I couldn't hit him when he dared to call me a whore indirectly. You know whom I'm talking about, right?

Daniel!

Right!

Adam and Ben looked like they don't know what the hell was happening while Cassy looked like she might faint. Hope was only one who thought I had gone nuts.

She's always the right one.

Shut up!

C'mon, I didn't do anything wrong. I was just watching Avengers, eating popcorn and supporting the super heros. You can't blame a girl for that especially when the men are getting hotter everyday.

My inner mind rolls her eyes at me.

They all expected me to either sit and cry or shout at everyone. I didn't do either because that's not how I work. I agree, it was depressing to watch your face flash in the TV as a blood sucking devil when I'm actually an angel deep inside.

Angel? You got to be kidding me.

That's how the world works. They question you when you make a difficult decision. The sooner we make a decision, the better chances we'll have. The media is going to burn us, people will feel bad. But if we're right and if we achieve results in the future then people will understand why we did what we did.

That's what happened in Sienna's case. I was cent percent sure that the case against Jacob was fake. Sienna wasn't raped though she says otherwise. On Friday, when I attended the third trial but my first trial in the case —since you know Jacob's attorney met with an accident and the case was passed to me – I did what I always do. I wore my best professional smile, fired my questions at Sienna, she panicked and that ended up in her tears. I agree, it was cruel of me to call her a gold digger but I had my reason. I questioned her intensions not her innocence. She wasn't able to answer even one question because the poor girl was shocked, terrified and disgusted with my questions, and moreover she didn't understand what was happening. Within minutes, the case was back in my hand and the chanceof me winning the case was above ninety percent.