Chapter 48

I took a deep breath, "I didn't really prepare anything, I'm still.. not exactly understanding everything. But Cedric... he was my best friend, he was always there, I told him everything. When people say you found the one, they really meant it. Because I had found the one. He was my person. Amos was right, we had everything planned it sounds stupid, but that's just how he was. Considerate and so so caring. There's not much I can say, except this boy, who I loved more than anything else did not deserve this. And I hope he is remembered for his kindness, and bravery, not what happened to him."

Amos put his hand on my shoulder, and he lead us down to Cedric, "goodbye my boy." I kissed his forehead, "goodbye handsome." I was starting to turn away but I went right back to Cedric, "I still need you. Do you hear me? Come back Cedric. Please Ced. Please don't leave me, I want one last hug one last kiss. Anything Ced." I grabbed his hand, and Amos did the same. "He's gone Alyssa." I sighed, "I don't want to let go, I just want him back. I want him to take me home. Please." I whispered. "It's time." Amos said wiping his tears.

People began to stand up showing their respect, and a few of Cedric's friends from school made their way up. One gave me a small smile, "he was madly in love with you." I tried to smile back, "I felt the same way." They held the sides of the coffin and walked my Cedric down the aisle.

Once he was gone I stared at the pictures they had hanging up. I was in quite a few, I remembered each one like it was yesterday. "You spoke beautifully darling." I turned around to see my mother and Draco. "thank you." She hugged me pressing her lips against my forehead. "You'll be okay sweetheart these things take time." Draco hugged me quickly, "I'm sorry." I nodded, "thank you for coming." My father came up standing behind them. "You shouldn't have came." I spat. He looked down, "it wasn't much of a choice, believe me." I glared at him, "you're a disgusting person."

"Is everything okay here?" Remus asked, behind his was Molly and Arthur and their children. My father nodded, "everything is fine." My mum squeezed my hand one last time, "goodbye Alyssa."

Remus immediately hugged me and I held on tightly burring my head in his shoulder. Molly patted my back, "you did wonderful." Hermione and Ginny both looked like they were crying. "You got your goodbye." Molly reassured me. I stepped back, "I'm ready to go." Remus nodded, "everyone good?" They all gave their okays and we landed back home. Sirius was in the dining room already it looked like he was preparing for a meeting. He made no attempt to talk to me, so I continued upstairs.

I hugged his quidditch jersey, "we had something special, you'll always be with me." That's what I have to tell myself. I picked up the bag of things pulling out a sweater I immediately put it on. It still smelt like him. My mind was racing, I saw him today, but I couldn't process what it felt like. I heard a knock on my door, "hello Alyssa." Hermione and Ron both let themselves in. I gave them a small smile. "I remember him wearing that sweater." I felt the front of it. Ron nodded, "you're speech was good." I looked down, "thank you." Hermione sat on my bed patting the spot beside her.

I sat down resting my head on her shoulder. "We've given you space because we think that's what you want. But I thought we should let you know we're here." I nodded, "I know. Thank you." Ron also sat down, "do you know what happened." I shook my head no, "I'm waiting on Harry for that one, no one else will tell me." Hermione sighed, "are you angry with him?" I shrugged, "I need the entire story before I can decide anything." They both agreed, and they sat with me until Fred and George came in. "Night Alyssa." I lay down, "night Fred, night George."

Halfway through the night I knew I wasn't going to sleep, I walked down to the kitchen sitting down on a chair again. I stared at the wall feeling lost. "I thought we discussed this last night?" Sirius questioned. I jumped back scared, "leave me alone." He shook his head, "No. upstairs." I sighed kicking my chair back, "why do you hate me so much all of a sudden." He didn't say anything kicking open their bedroom door, this made Remus sit up. "Get in the bed, you are sleeping tonight."

I did as I was told laying beside Remus. "What happened?" I shrugged, "he is just so angry with me." Remus sighed, "close your eyes, try and get some sleep." I bit my lip, "how often would you say is normal to cry?" He shook his head, "I would say it depends on how sad you are." I nodded, "how come I've only really cried once?" He looked at me, "because where you grew up, love wasn't there." I didn't say anything I just turned the other way thinking about what he just said.