Chapter 39

The morning of the final task I ate breakfast with Harry Ron and Hermione. "Are you nervous?" I asked. He nodded. "Look at me Harry, you have accomplished an incredible amount already. You shouldn't be scared of anything." He smiled, "thanks Alyssa." I squeezed his hand, "I'm rooting for you both."

When it was time for Harry to go outside I walked with him wanting to see Cedric again. My eyes widened as I saw a giant maze, "that's the task, a maze?" I asked. Harry nodded, "never been in one."I found Cedric standing beside Amos, whose face lit up when he saw me. "Alyssa dear." He pulled me into a giant hug. "How are you sweetheart?" I smiled, "I'm great how are you?" He patted Cedric's back, "couldn't be prouder." Most of the students were finding their way to their seats now. "You should accompany me Alyssa, I'd love to learn more about my sons future wife." I laughed, "of course." Dumbledore gathered the four of them around in a circle, I could only make out a few words, "dangerous, it will change you." This was enough to make me begin to worry.

Cedric came back over to me and his father, "see you after dad." He nodded giving his dad a hug. He then turned to me holding me tightly. "You'll do amazing love." I whispered. He pressed his lips softly against mine, "I love you Alyssa." I squeezed his hand, "I love you more." I then pulled out the sketch of our future house and family, "win this for them." He laughed and then the cannon sounded, "goodbye Ced." Amos smiled leading us to our seats. "I can tell how much he cares for you." I laughed, "really?" Amos nodded, "head over heels. Now what's this piece of parchment." I grinned unfolding it, "this is our house. Here's my garden, treehouse for the kids, Elise and Issac are the names he picked out. Here is the lake. I wanted it to be on water, Ced and I always sit by the Black lake." Amos nodded, "that's wonderful truly. He will make sure you get all of that Alyssa. When he wants something he'll go for it." I folded it back up, "I know." The waiting became almost unbearable, "your leg is shaking." Amos pointed out. I laughed trying to stop it, "I'm just nervous." He smiled, "I am as well."

"Hello." I looked up to see Mr. Weasley come sit down beside us, he had Fred and George with him. George nudged me, "we got bets on Cedric." I smiled, "good choice." Fred leaned forward, "what's got your father so hurried." I looked across the field shocked he was even here, but they were right he did look stressed, he rushed over to the edge of the forest which was where I lost sight of him. Knowing he was here made me more nervous. "I heard Dumbledore talking. He said the maze was dangerous. It changed people." George sighed, "do you really think Cedric's capable of anything crazy." I shrugged, "I don't know, I'm not in the maze am I." I edged forward as red sparks were shot up into the sky, "who is it?" I whispered. Amos squinted, "it's the girl, Cedric's okay." I took a deep breath, "you're a worrier." I laughed, "am not, just didn't want him hurt." Fred scoffed, "sounds like you're worrying to me."

By the third hour my leg was uncontrollably shaking, all I wanted was to hold him again, I would tell him about how nervous I was and he would tease me, saying I should have more faith. "Are those sparks?" I looked closer, "who is it now?" George stood up to see better, "Krum." I sighed, sitting back. "Cedric owes you just for making you wait like this." I laughed and Amos nodded in agreement, "I am starting to feel a tad anxious only two of them left." I closed my eyes, remembering two days before our walk around the castle, planning our life. Just a few more minutes and we could go back to that, Elise and Isaac will be so proud, boosting to all their Hogwarts friends about their father in the goblet.