Chapter 83

Fred eventually left leaving me and Cedric alone again, I stood in his arms looking down on everyone. "Did you guys all look down on us like this?" Cedric nodded, "I barely left your side, Sirius was the same way with you and Harry. Then there was James and Lily, you never met them but they looked at you like you were their own child." I smiled watching Harry Ron and Hermione walk down the pathway overtop of the black lake, listening to their conversation.

"Harry it isn't your fault. She was brave, Alyssa knew that he couldn't get the elder wand. She thought you were dead." Hermione whispered. I watched as Harry shook his head, "how can you say that? Who's fault is it then? Should I blame Alyssa for snapping the wand? If she hadn't thought I was dead, then she would have fought." Ron sighed, "no mate, you're wrong. You missed it. She didn't stop fighting. It only took a second Harry, Voldemort was smarter, he was quicker. Alyssa knew that, you heard what she said. She tried, and I think we all know Alyssa wouldn't want any of us blaming ourselves."

I nodded, wanting so badly to reassure Harry that I was alright. Cedric placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "they're all going to be alright." I sighed, watching Harry pull my wand out of his sock.

"What are you going to do with that?" Ron asked. Harry nodded towards the lake. Ron shook his head, "why on earth would you throw it in the lake?" Hermione hit Ron, "honestly you called the girl our best friend, and you don't know how much she loved this lake?" I laughed looking up at Cedric, "our lake." Harry took my wand breaking it into 3 parts, they each took one section, holding it in their hands. "You were so incredibly stupid, but so brave. You were my best friend." Harry whispered to the wand. I knelt down, crying softly. "You were my best friend." I whispered.

Cedric stepped back, and I felt another hand on my shoulder. I saw Sirius standing over top of me, Lily and James behind him. "You were too kind to our boy." I tried to hide my tears, pulling Sirius into a hug. I heard Hermione crying, "thank you Alyssa, for being the only girl in Hogwarts who could stand me, and for being one of my best friends." Ron held his up to the sky, "thank you." The three of them stepped forward throwing my wand into the lake, and I chocked on a sob, despite how hard I was trying to hide back my tears. "It's alright dear." I stared at Sirius letting the tears cloud my eyes, "why the hell did you put yourself in front of the wand." He raised his eyebrow, "is that really how you're going to talk to me?" I shook my head, resting it on his shoulder, "you shouldn't have." Sirius pushed away my tears, "what was I supposed to do Alyssa. I love you too much to let someone hurt you." I scoffed, "did you dying really stop me from getting hurt." He shook his head, "no it didn't, but it did make me realize how incredibly proud I was to be your family. You were so so brave." I nodded, "I just wanted you to be there." He smiled, "we're all here now."

"Thought I finally got away from you." A voice joked. When I looked up Remus was standing over top of us. He knelt down pulling me into his arms. "You were great kid." I sighed, staring at Hogwarts, and all the debris. "If I'd done good, I'd still be alive." Cedric shook his head, "Alyssa you put yourself in front of Voldemort, you snapped the most powerful wand in the world. You lost almost everything, but kept fighting, you forgave your family after all the terrible things they did to you. Stop saying those things, I can't think of one other person as incredible as you love." I nodded, "I can't believe it's all over. We never got that happy ending. No Isaac or Elise, no cute cottage on the lake. We didn't even get our fucking canoe."

Remus laughed, "isn't it better to be with him. Canoe or not?" I rolled my eyes, feeling much safer than I ever had. "I missed this. You and Sirius both feeling so bad for me, you'd hug me and let me sleep in your bed." Sirius scoffed, "I didn't think it was a choice." Remus kissed my forehead, "you didn't force that, it's because we both loved you." I smiled, "still cheesy as ever. Too bad they couldn't say the same." I pointed down at my father, who seemed to be over my death already. My mother sat in a chair staring out the window barely moving. "Didn't I tell you, you were better off away from it all?" Remus asked. I nodded, still staring down at them, "my mum deserved better." Sirius smiled, "so did you kid, you deserved the world."