Chapter 32

When we got to Hogwarts I immediately found Cedric. "I heard what happened, I'm so sorry Alyssa." I smiled, "I'm okay." He wrapped his arms around me, "your beautiful." I rolled my eyes, "thank you sir, you're quite beautiful yourself." He smiled and we looked around as several students began rushing to look at something in the sky. "What is that?" I asked Ced. He shrugged looking closer, "it looks like a carriage." We turned to the black lake where a giant ship appeared to be making its way above the water. "What the hell." I whispered.

We had no idea what was going on, and it was time for the feast. I separated from Cedric and made my way to our table sitting down beside Fred and George. "Hello there." I smiled, "hello." Dumbledore stood up smiling at all of us, "welcome back, I have some news. This year Hogwarts will not only be home to you. We have two schools joining us, for the triwizard tournament. One student from each school will be selected to participate. However to enter you must be older than 17." Several students began screaming in protest. "ENOUGH." Dumbledore shouted. "Students must place their name in the goblet of fire." The doors burst open and in walked about thirsty girls all dressed in blue dancing down the walkway, next came boys marching down. Victor Krum was amongst them, I watched Rons eyes widen.

After the feast I met up with Cedric again, "I think I'm going to enter Alyssa." I nodded, "that's brave." He smirked, "eternal glory would look good on me don't you think?" I rolled my eyes, "it would, this tournaments dangerous though Ced." He kissed me, "with you by my side I'll be fine." I sighed, "if this is what you want Ced, I'm all for it." He thanked me, and gave me one more kiss, "goodnight beautiful." I kissed him back, "goodnight handsome."

My first class was defence against the dark arts with professor moody. I sat down beside Hermione, flinching as the man came shouting from the back of the classroom to the front. "I'm going to teach you how to fight back against the dark arts." I sighed. "Now someone tell me the three unforgivable curses." He had caught my attention, and I listened as Ron, Neville and Hermione each listed one off. "Very good, now let's begin with the imperious." He pulled out an ugly looking spider and began prancing it around the room making it land on several different students. I shifted uncomfortably, trying not to say something. He then lay the spider back on his desk, he pointed his wand at it, "CRUCIO." I flinched, and Hermione squeezed my hand. "I'm sorry." I closed my eyes begging for it to end. "STOP IT." Hermione shouted. "Can't you see it's bothering him?" Moody looked at her and then back to the spider, "avada kadavera." I looked down, and as soon as he said class was over I quickly made my way out. "Alyssa wait." I heard Hermione call, this made me go faster. I pushed passed Fred and George and made my way out to the lake.

I sat on the bench staring the water, "thought I might find you here." Cedric sat down beside me. "Hey Ced." He pulled me in, "I heard what happened." I sighed, "he had no business, none." Cedric sighed, "you're right. I'm sorry he did that." I bit my lip, "I hate him already." Cedric grabbed my hand, "I put my name in today." I nodded, "how do you feel about that?" He shrugged, "it's not even for sure I'll get picked, I probably won't." I smiled, "no probably not." He stood up, "alright Lyss, get to your class." He kissed my forehead softly, "see you later."

After my last class I made my way to the dining hall, tonight they were picking the candidates. I sat down beside Harry and Ron. "Are you okay?" I nodded not interested in talking much. Dumbledore stood up revealing the goblet. "Our Durmstrang championship is Victor Krum." Then another paper flew out, "Fleur Declair." And finally the Hogwarts slip came out, "Cedric Diggory." I watched as he stood up smiling. I sighed and Ron nudged my shoulder giving me a smile. I returned it looking down. My eyes lifted as another paper spat out, "Harry Potter." I turned to look at Harry, he looked shocked. "HARRY POTTER." Hermione pushed him up and I stared as Harry went to the front as well. When we were all excused I made my way back to the common room sitting by the fire.

George sat down on the couch with me, "reckon your a bit nervous for lover boy." I nodded, "a little." He smiled, "I'm sure he'll be alright Lyss, he's got one tough girlfriend." I rolled my eyes, "okay George." Fred jumped on the couch beside us, "wizards chess? It's tradition." I smiled, "sure, I learned how to play over the summer." George raised his eyebrow, "what did Lupin do to you." I laughed sitting down beside the board. After a few rounds I went to my bed falling asleep quickly.