Chapter 41 - Aliya

Start from the beginning

"Hi, good afternoon sir" I greeted him.

"It's evening here, is this Aliya?" He asked.

"Hmm, evening?" I huffed and continued. "Yes it's me!"

"Wow, Aliya!" He said obviously happy. "How are you, how have you been? Sorry I couldn't check on you since that day, wallahi I am presently in China that's why"

"China?" I puzzled.

"Yes, I've been there since the last time we met" He said.

"What are you doing there?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I am on a special mission and I am presently working hand in hand with The Chinese People's Armed Police Force" He replied.

"Wow, sounds great!" I said smiling as if he was right in front of me.

"Thanks, so have you finally decided to give me a chance?" He said making me to chuckle.

"Chance for what?" I asked.

"You know what I mean, Aliya" He said making me to sigh.

"We will talk about that later, right now I need your help. My brother has been arrested for gambling and now I am told to come and bail him with the sum of 10k in that station adjacent our area. Money isn't the problem, I just don't want to sign any paper there with my name" I said as he busted into laughter. "Is it funny?" I asked.

"No my dear, it's not funny but nothing will happen to you if you do that. That's the protocol, you have to sign Aliya or get someone to bail him out for you" He said and continued. "It's just a record, it doesn't mean any harm"

"Even so, I still don't want my name to be implicated. If possible I would like his name to be erased too, can you help us please?" I asked.

"Hmm, okay. Anything for you Aliya" He said making me to joyfully sigh.

"Thank you sir" I cheerfully said.

"You are welcome" He said and then told me to call him as soon as I was in the station, he would talk to the person in charge to let Fawad go without us paying a dime or signing anything, and also for Fawad's name to be erased from their record.

"Thank you so much sir!" I uttered.

"You are welcome my dear" He said.

Hence I put on my hijab and headed out, I didn't even notice it was the one Bilal bought for me until I was finally outside. Well, it's not a big deal isn't it? I stopped a cab and headed to the station. Immediately I was at the station I did what ASP Salis told me to do, I called him and he talked to them.

Fawad upon his release was surprised to see me. I only gave him a slap for putting me into such stress, "Are you mad?" I asked him.

"I am sorry, Aliya" He said with his face turning red already. I usually use lots of force when slapping people.

"Sorry for yourself!" I hissed at him and turned leaving the station.

"Aliya forgive me, please..." He said trailing me. And just as we were finally by the roadside, he ran over and knelt in front of me with tears streaming down his cheeks. Wait a minute, where did he got all those tears? "I am so sorry Aliya," He pulled me out of my trance and continued. "I know I messed up, and that's because I chose to follow the devil inside me but now I've changed I swear..." He kept begging me while on his knees, and when I realized he was drawing people's attention to us I decided to tell him to stand up but he insisted I must forgive him before he does that. I shifted, he followed me. I did all I could to avoid him but that boy, he had to force me to forgive him.

We returned back to Hajiya's house in the same tricycle, and together we headed into the flat. I thought he would ask about the car Rahina bought me but he didn't seem to care, his face was guiltily down as he trailed me. And when Balaraba saw us together, she screamed and began yelling at him to leave. I had to pursuade her to let him be by narrating his arrest story to her even though I didn't plan to. I also begged her not to tell anyone about it, ever!

Fawad was served launch out of mercy, and with glares from both me and Balaraba. He really looked so sympathetic, he must have gone through a lot in the station. He picked his food and went and ate it on the floor as if he was a slave or something, I didn't even know when I started laughing at him from the dining area. After the food, out of mercy, I gave him access to the guests room to take shower. And after that, I gave him Rahina's car keys and told him to return it to Bilal's house. "Alright ma" He humbly said and left.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Finally, God has given Aliya a slave 😂

Can't believe I updated again o!

Two more chapters to go.