Chapter 10 - Bilal

Today I woke up to Alhaji Aminu's call about our project, he said a lot to me and that the Governor wanted us to start our work with or without the Emir or the people's consent.

It was a great decision, so I called Sufyan and told him to quickly arrange a meeting for me and the board members. "And if Aliya comes, tell Cassandra to direct her to the General Manager" I had added before ending the call.

Actually, the situation in front of me was a tough one. But I would try and see her when I am done. I pondered as I relaxed comfortably in the car with my driver driving as fast as he could - I was eager to be at the Head Office!

Immediately we arrived there, I spotted Aliya walking towards the gate as we gently drove in. Perhaps she was asked to go home and return back tomorrow. Well, that was how it works and by tomorrow her I.D card, pass card, and office logistics would be ready. I really wished to talk to her now while our car approached her but I couldn't get the courage to do that. I had only lowered the glass and stared at her hot body, how perfect would it be for me to keep her in my house as a wife? Verily, I could buy the whole world for her if I have the means to do that. I really loved her.

I kept staring at her until she turned her face away just as we drove past her. I expected her to at least greet me but she didn't, as if I wasn't the person she saw in their house yesterday. Well, maybe she was still angry with how Sufyan and Khalil treated her yesterday. I would surely deal with them. I huffed as I alighted the car and glanced at the gate for Aliya first before turning and heading into the storey...

"Good morning, sir"

"Morning..."

"Morn... sir!"

"Morning, oga!"

People kept greeting me as I headed towards the elevator but all I could do was to wave at them, that's all. Thus, I stepped into the elevator up to my floor. Cassandra welcomed me and told me about Aliya. "I directed her to the General Manager as instructed" She uttered.

"Good" I said walking towards the direction of my office. "Call Sufyan for me please" I added.

"Right away, sir!" She said.

*******

While in my office going through some files, the ones related to our project, Sufyan came in with a Salaam. We greeted and he handed me my schedule for the day as usual. Thus, I asked him to tell me what exactly transpired between him, Sufyan, and Aliya the day she came for interview.

"Actually," He cleared his throat. "Nothing really happened, it was just the normal way of our interviewing..."

"Is that so?" I wrinkled a brow. "Because if I find out you are lying, hmm, sorry for you!"

"I am not lying sir, you can ask Khalil" He said.

"Whatever" I said dismissing him with my hand. "And don't forget to keep your mouth shut, kana jina koh? (Understood?)"

"Yes sir!" He smiled and then left.

It would be nice if I don't hear people talking about Aliya and I this soon, perhaps I should try and be more careful on how I talk about her to people because I didn't know who would end up flying the matter to my wife. I sighed going through my schedule. Meeting first then... shit, who typed this thing? "Sufyan!" I yelled his name as if he could hear me, he was already far. "This idiot is something else, why would he include addressing the corpers in my schedule? Didn't I tell them until I have time?" I stroke the part with pen and then proceeded to the next one.

After going through my schedule I prepared myself for the meeting. The time came soon later and Sufyan came to call me. We both went to the conference room and like always, I was greeted. I loved the way I was respected even by those that could give birth to me. This tells how money practically means everything. Yes, and if you have money no girl can resist you except the likes of Aliya - she didn't even care about my handsomeness when many girls are out there dreaming to at least sleep with me either because of my undeniable handsomeness or wealth. What kind of creature is she then? Well, I would find out soon!

The meeting started and thence ended with all the board members asking us to start the work since the State Government was by our side. And that was how I signed for the project to start. "Call the Construction Manager for me immediately!" I said to Sufyan the moment we left the conference room. "I need to talk to him personally!"

"Okay sir" Sufyan said as he made his way to the elevator. The Manager's office was in the 10th floor, he was my wife's cousin and mostly like isolating himself except if there's an ongoing major project. He mostly give directives through his office to his subordinates and would report to the General Manager, who in turn would report to me - should any problem arise. His name was Jibril and was my wife's age mate. They had history together.

*******

As soon as I was back into my office I turned on the TV on the wall to at least keep myself busy while waiting for Jibril. I rarely watch tv though but today was an exception, I just didn't know why it came into my mind.

I navigated through the channels and finally settled on Track Africa, a music video channel. The music they were playing now was "Mi Amor, my love" by one of the influential musicians in the continent.

I was deeply carried away by the Music after it when Sufyan Salaamed into the office with Jibril. "Here he is, sir" He said.

"Good, you can go" I said decreasing the volume of the TV.

"Okay, sir" He said and left - leaving me with Jibril.

We stared at each other for some seconds before he cleared his throat. "I didn't come here to look at you right? So tell me, why did you summoned me?" He said and I could still perceive the anger in him, fresh like before. He really hated me and he had his reasons for that.

"Come and sit here, please" I said gesturing to one of the visitors chairs facing me.

"Just tell me why I am here, that's all!" He yelled at me.

"Lower your voice, Jibril!" I promptly stood to my feet glaring at me. "You are in my office, or have you forgotten? And this office is above all other offices in this company!"

"Yes, and don't forget you are only here because you charmed my cousin sister. While I am here because I am qualified to be here. I swear, the day your charm will break; you will cry all your life" He said gritting his teeth.

His words really made me to scoff. "Charm? I never charmed Rahina, she fell in love with me naturally and we got married - that's all. I guess your love for her is what is making you to think I charmed her" I said and that made him to quickly point a finger at me.

"Mind your tongue or I will plant you where you stand, Bilal!" His words came out abruptly. "I can kill you, you know, because I have had enough of you!"

"Kill me?" I scoffed even though his threat had a little impact on me. I just didn't want to look terrified in front of him, he could use that against me. "You can't kill me, Jibril. By the way, I only call you to tell you our dam project would commence tomorrow and I need you and all your men to start your work. You've been known for your good work, I adore that" I gulped and continued. "If we continue as a team and set aside grudges, we would always be victorious..."

"Mtsww" He hissed as he turned about to leave when I called him. "What again?" He glared at me.

"If you still love Rahina, talk to her. But you should know that I am the only person in her heart right now and..." I couldn't complete my words when he left.

He was actually my wife's first love, they had been together until she found me. And ever since I married her he had been stranded, if only he could just pray and win her heart through his prayers so that she could leave me alone. I would be glad if he do that, I would then find my way to Aliya's heart... and of course, her body! I pondered with a mischievous smile.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This chapter really gave me a hard time! 🙄

Happy Eid il Kabir in advance, am I the only one perceiving the aroma of cow meat? 🍖🍗 Who's cooking? I must marry this person o, she can cook very well... Lol, I wan eat her meat😂