It was a nice feeling on Sunoo's part as he finally had someone to lean on.

"Jangmi," Jake called her name softly. She looked up from her phone to see that he had moved his gaze from her best friend's notebook to her. "I heard you're good at literature." Jake saw the girl's eyes light up and smile. He chuckled and mumbled something under his breath. Although Jangmi couldn't hear it, Sunoo heard the older boy and hit him on the arm.

The older boy scratched the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you could help me with my Macbeth paper? Jay also might have mentioned that you learned it back in America." Jangmi nodded at Jake quickly. As much as she still wasn't close to the boy, he was still a friend of Jay and Sunoo; and if they trusted him, who's to say that she couldn't do the same thing?

"Great," he flashed her a smile, making her swoon slightly. Jake was good looking—but she quickly snapped herself out of that thought. She can't crush on a common friend of her brother and best friend. 

After five more minutes, Sunoo finally completed his math homework. He turned to Jangmi and pouted. "You're still staying to help Jake hyung right?" Jangmi nodded slightly at her best friend.

Best friend. Jangmi wasn't sure if they've ever used that on each other. As far as she knew, Sunoo was the only person she would eat with and talk to. Letting her thoughts fly, she called the boy's attention, making him stop packing his things. 

"We're best friends right?"

Sunoo hit Jangmi playfully. "Of course we are! Who else do we even talk to or stay with during lunch?" Jangmi smiled gleefully at the boy while standing up and giving him a hug. The boy was taken aback by the sudden hug. Even if she liked to cling to him, he never really thought of her as someone who enjoyed hugs. 

"Would I buy someone who's not my best friend ice cream?"

"Ice cream?"

Jangmi wondered how long they knew each other. Weeks felt like years, and that's how close she's become to Sunoo. They were basically joined at the hip since she arrived. It was a nice feeling for her since she didn't have much friends back in America. She was usually too busy with academics and cheerleading to put effort into her social life.

"I wanted to buy you some seolleim but you'll be busy with Jake hyung," he whined, glaring at the older boy who was still seated as he watched them. He's never seen Sunoo with other people, so he was happy that he found someone else to stay with besides the usual people. "We can always buy tomorrow," she suggested. Her best friend gave in and sighed, ruffling the girl's hair as he nodded. 

He continued to pack his things before he headed for the glass doors of the library, waving at Jangmi and Jake before exiting. 

"Sometimes, it concerns me that Sunoo just sticks with us. But since you're his new friend—or best friend, as I just heard—I'm happy," Jake told the younger girl, keeping his gaze on the glass door as if he's deep in thought. She nodded and turned to him. "Why are you concerned, if I may ask?"

Jake turned to her and smiled sadly. "Sure we're all close in age, but no one is exactly his age. As much as I want him to talk about stuff that happens," the older boy sighed before continuing. "He finally has someone who understands him. So, thank you!" He said happily, clapping his hands softly. 

Jangmi smiled at him and nodded. "If I may be honest, I'm also happy that he's my friend," she told Jake. She hopes that Sunoo will be able to open up to her more, and that she will do the same.

But for now, they had to leave the topic be to get to other things. 

"So, what's the paper about?" She asked, diverting the topic she that they could get started. The faster they start, the faster they could finish and head home. Not that she didn't want his company, she just wanted to get home and sleep.