Chapter nine: shower

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

We stepped into the building, Ash heading home, Todd going back to his place, and Larry tiredly heading down to the basement. He told me to come down whenever, and to take my time.

"Are you sure it's not too bad?" Sal asked worried "you're limping..."

I shrugged "it's not awful... just really painful when I move it too much"

He understood as we took the elevator to his floor "My dads probably working on some stuff, so it's no big deal for you to be over"

I nodded and smiled, the elevator opening slowly.

***

I sat on his bathroom counter and looked around carefully "so does Gizmo always take baths?"

"Sometimes. Usually I just leave him be, but this time we don't have a choice" he chuckled and dabbed my wound gently with alcohol and a cotton bal.

I jumped very lightly with each contact, gasping through my teeth.

"S-sorry, im sorry" he seemed genuinely apologetic and worried for my well-being. "If it hurts too bad please tell me and I'll stop"

"You're good, Sal" I said. "I really appreciate it"

"Of course" Sal stated, dabbing the wound more. "The hard parts almost done"

I watched as he searched his cabinets for bandages and found some.

"You're too kind" i smiled as he wrapped my leg, careful not to hurt me in any way.

"I'm not just gonna let you go home and make you handle it yourself" He admitted "plus I got more than enough supplies that I'm sure Larry never bothers to get"

I chuckled and nodded. He was doing his best to make the wrapping not too tight, and even all around.

"So uh... you and Ash, huh?" I teased, making his head quickly snap up.

"O-oh" he stuttered, visibly gulping "yeah I guess there's uh... heh, something"

"It's cute" I stated with a half smile.

He was kind of silent, seemingly thinking but I didn't want to pry anything.

"She's really cool, I'm happy for you" I patted his head as he finished up bandaging my leg. I hopped down from the counter and found myself wrapping my arms around him and hugging him tight. "Thanks again Sal"

His hands gently landed on my lower back and he squeezed gently. "Of course (Y/N)"

Soon enough, I was making my way back down to the basement after I said my goodbyes to him.

Sal was strangely quiet and unsure in his words when I left, but I tried not to think too hard into it.

I opened Larry's door and he was sprawled out on the bed, almost asleep but not quite.

"Hey, how's your leg?" He Larry sleepily asked, blinking slow "looks all nice"

"It's cleaned, and bandaged pretty well. Hopefully it'll heal up in a few days!" I crawled into the bed and sighed. "I think him and Ashley are going to be a thing soon"

He raised himself up and leaned on his elbows "Are you okay with that?"

I nodded "I think I am, yeah"

He gave me a smile and ruffled my hair, knotting it up "Good for you (Y/N), cool as fuck of you. You're really caring you know that?"

I looked up at him and squinted "shut up you dickhead" I played making him laugh.