book two, chapter seven: the birds and the bees

HI I LOVE YOU ALLLL ENJOYYYYY

NEW CHAPTER SOON I WILL TRY MY HARDEST!!!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"You two NEED to make up already!" Ash whined looking at Larry and I who sat on opposite ends of the couch.

"Ash we're fine" I explained as best as I could.

But the truth was, we weren't fine at all.

After I got all my emotions out on my own, we kind of just. Floated by. The days seemed overall normal but... our friendship seemed way out of place.

We didn't really talk. Our conversations were simply becoming "goodmornings" and "good nights"

In a strange way we've grown apart. But why?

I had subconsciously had thanked him for giving me space, but was it something that... just was never going to end?

"You guys have been acting so weird. You barely talk around each other" she was frustrated. "I just would like my friends back."

My heart could almost break hearing her say that.

"Hey, we're here" Larry reassured "don't think otherwise"

Sal was silently sitting in between us. You could tell he didn't want to say anything to interrupt the conversation.

"No you're not!" Ash groaned and pointed at me. "Tell him how your feeling!"

I furrowed my eyebrows together. I understand she wanted things to be normal again but this wasn't the way to do it.

"I'm fine ash" I gave her a little forced smile and shrugged.

I watched as she shook her head and walked to the bathroom and practically slammed the door.

she was clearly upset. I mean, she did come down to have a really good time with her friends and this is what's happening now. I don't blame her for feeling this way.

A brief silence fell over the three of us now left in the room.

"So are you excited to eat dinner with your mom and my dad?" Sal piped up, looking towards Larry.

We're having dinner with them tonight? Usually  when we're invited over, Larry gushes to me about how pumped he is to have her cooking again.

"Yeah man, I've missed them" he started, then cleared his throat "you don't have to come (Y/N), all good if you don't"

Ouch.

Now he doesn't even care if I come or not? Does he even want me to come?

Lisa has basically been my mother figure growing up, and he knows this. He knows that I'd jump at any and every chance to see her. Does he really think that I wouldn't want to?

"I want to come" I simply stated.

***

The most of the day was quiet, Ash cracking the occasional jokes, making us all laugh, but the tension was really heavy as dinner time came closer and closer.

We finally stood in front of the door, almost single file, with Larry and Ash in the front, and Sal and I following.

He could tell I was nervous, so he held into my hand tight. It did make me feel a little better.

Lisa opened the door and had the widest smile on her face. "Come in come in, we missed you all! We've got one hell of a meal set up and I hope you like it!"