Chapter 6

And then someone walks in. At first I don't recognise them. Then they turn and face me and its mrs prior, our school principal. "Hello tris" she says in a gentle loving tone. "Hi miss"
"Please tris call me Natalie for now. But I need to talk to you about something very important."
"Ok. Have a seat" I reply gesturing to a chair I also made.
"Tris I need you to promise me that everything I say to you here will stay between you and me. Okay?"
"Okay." I reply wondering what this could be about. "Well tris have you ever wondered how we all got these powers?" Asks Natalie. When I think about it I actually have thought about it quite a lot. "Yes I have actually" I reply.
"Well tris many hundreds of years ago 5 men and 5 women. Were selected my a man named Henry. Henry was no ordinary man. He was able to do magic of some sort. He created a potion that the ten men and women were to drink. This potion gave them all the powers that all the students in my school have. Every single one of them. They could control everything. They could have ruled the world but instead Henry took them to a deserted farm and helped them grow and control their powers. Eventually they all had children who had powers as well but did not have all the powers like their parents. Henry was very happy with his work. He also had a child but only one where as the men and women with powers had lots. When this child was born he gave her the recipe for the potion so that one day if the powers of the great ten started to dwindle he could pick a whole new ten and start over. Oh I forgot to say that in the ten there was a women named Tori. She was the ruler of the ten. Although all ten had all powers her powers were stronger than the others. Tori only had one child leaving fewer descendants. Tris you and I are her only living descendants." Natalie finishes staring at me waiting to see my reaction.
"That doesn't make sense what about my brothers aren't they descendants as well?" I ask worried that something has happened to my brothers. "Tris I have to tell you something that I know will seem a bit mean and hurtful but I did it for the best. Tris Hannah is not your mother. I am. Don't worry I'm not going to take you away from your brothers or you parents. I just want you to know. This is also why you have six powers tris." Wow this is a lot to take my eyes turn blue because that what they do when I'm deep in thought. "Why did you come and tell me this?" I ask confused on why it matters of age doesn't want me to live with her anyway. "Last week on Tuesday at 11:36. A boy named caleb came to the school and spoke to me in my office. He told me that he was Henry's only living descendant. He said that people that were hunting his family for the potion recipe had just killed his parents. He also said that they were after him. He wants to pick me to pick another ten so he can make the potion and create another great ten. He's creating the potion as we speak. Tris I need you to get a group of 5 girls and 5 boys. Then at 10:11 tonight meet me in my office so we you and the ten can take the potion." I was scared but in my gut I knew I had to do this. In my gut this all felt right. "Ok I'll do it." I reply, feeling confident in myself. "Thank you tris. Oh and by the way try and make it people you like because you'll be spending a lot of time with them. Tris I'm going to need you to be strong, your going to have to be the leader." She says with I smile. I smile back and run out of the woods back towards school.

----------------------------------------------
Ohhhhh bit of a twist!!