v. Heist

(y/n) tapped janelle's arm. her eyes trained on the woman, and watched her hands begin ripple into a gray color. the gray faded and she grew a few inches taller. she spread her hands and smirked at john.

john gaped at her. "that's badass!" he laughed, looking up at the shapeshifter. "operation: knocked-out-foster-mom is a go."

(y/n) walked into the house, a house she's only been in once, just to run in and get something from john's room. "todd?"

"yeah, honey? is john with you?" he called from the couch.

"no," she paused, remembering the way janelle talks about john, "the little piece of shit wouldn't let me in." she easily fell into character, knowing the harsh words janelle used to address their foster kid. she peaked out the window to see john grin at her, dragging janelle the best he could by her arms.

her eyes flickered to the back door and back to todd. she walked over to the back door, unlocking it for john. she needed to get todd away from it. she walked back into the kitchen. "todd, dear, come here a minute." john was almost at the door.

"hold on."

"no! todd, now! please! todd!" she fake cried and slammed her hand on the counter for drama, fighting the laugh that threatened to bubble from her throat. she was having too much fun with this.

todd came barreling around the corner and into the kitchen. "what the hell's wrong with you, janelle?" she subtly looked behind him, at john who was trying to drag janelle up the stairs. she needed his more of his attention, so she did the only thing she could think of; she slapped him.

"the fuck's wrong with you?" he shouted again and touched his cheek where she'd hit him. john stopped and looked at her with his brows furrowed, but then continued. she continued to throw a fit, yelling about nothing and hitting him, until john was upstairs.

she stopped suddenly, catching her breath as she leaned against the kitchen counter. "i think- i think i'm gonna go lay down now." (y/n) turned and walked up the stairs. todd stood dumbfounded at his supposed wife's random outburst.

"this is the worst idea you've ever had, and you've had some questionable ones." (y/n) sighed. the two were able to get back to the garage, (y/n) sporting her usual appearance.

john smiled at her, but he had a strange look in his eye. "i dunno, you managed. you slapped the shit out of todd, so i'd say that's a win." he chuckled, kicking the concrete with his toe of his shoe.

"do you- do you trust me?" john's smile faded as he asked the question. his eyes studied hers, that specific (e/c) hue he was always lost in.

"obviously," she giggled, her eyes asking him for an explanation.

he let out a soft sigh and stepped closer to her. he didn't know what he was doing, but it was long overdue. he stepped towards her again; their noses almost touched. he searched her eyes again, and then suddenly slammed his lips against hers.

(y/n) was shocked at first, but quickly recovered and melted into his touch. she was confused, so after some time she pulled away. "john?"

"i'm sorry, smokes. god, i'm so sorry. i don't know what i-" his high-pitched ramble was cut off by (y/n)'s lips on his once again. her hands slipped into his hair, her fingers running through the soft strands like she'd always wanted to do. she smiled into the kiss. this time he was the one to pull away, just enough to look at her again.

(y/n) grinned at him, and whispered, "don't apologize."

~
word count: 637