twelve

"Hey boys, so what do you want for dinner?" I asked as I sat in a side chair while both boys watched cartoons on Jack's hospital bed."Mac and cheese" They said in unison after looking at each other, I smiled, they may not be related biologically but they're brothers. I called Jess and told her what was going on, she offered to bring mac and cheese from the boy's favorite restaurant and I couldn't be more appreciative, due to me not wanting to leave the boys side.
Aaron PoV.
I walked into the home I shared with Emily after being gone for two weeks on one of the hardest cases I had ever seen. Before going into my room I checked on the boys, Jack was asleep and had his large cast covering his foot. I was about to go into the nursery when I began to hear the small cries of emily;. I began walking to the door and she heard me. The cries stopped. I slightly opened the door and saw her with a glass of wine, she wasn't supposed to be drinking, she was four months pregnant.
"Em, baby, you're not supposed to be drinking when you're pregnant, you know that" I said softly, she had been crying, I didn't want to upset her.
"Well good thing I'm not pregnant," she whispered but I still heard it and ran right over to her.
"Emily what are you talking about?" I asked and I could feel worry overtaking my body.
"Emily-"
"Maybe if you cared to answer your phone you would know!" She exclaimed angrily before taking another sip of wine.
"Emily stop drinking!and tell me what the hell is going on"I yelled madly, I felt horrible for raising my voice, I didn't mean to make her upset but she burst into tears and began walking into to the bathroom but I gently grabbed her hand and pulled her into my chest, hugging her.
"Emily, I'm so sorry, I di-" She pulled away and sat on the bed.
"You want to know what happened, go talk to Jess, at least she had the decency to answer her phone when Declan called her while I was unconscious in a hospital room!" Emily yelled.
Emily PoV
"The doctor called you! I called you! Declan called you! And Jess called you! Not once did you pick up, I needed you and you didn't pick up" I yelled again and I could see the confusion in Aaron's eyes. I turned my head, I couldn't bare to tell him, he was so happy and I couldn't watch him break, like I already have.
"I-uh, there was internal bleeding from the plane crash and it- the baby didn't make it. I lost her, I lost our daughter, and I was the one who was supposed to protect her, the one who was supposed to keep her safe, and I couldn't do that," I yelled sadly and fell to the ground with sadness and anger eating at my body. Aaron came over to me and held me in his arms as I continued to break down.
"It's okay sweetheart, you're okay" He whispered and I pulled out of his grasp, looking at him with my broken eyes.
"I am not okay!" I yelled then got into bed and pulled the covers over my head.
Jack PoV
A little while ago daddy checked on me, I wasn't fully asleep but pretended to be so he wouldn't get mad. Ever since then I heard mommy yell at him, I know that daddy wasn't here for a little bit, but I didn't know she was so upset about it. I wanted to go in their room and sleep in their bed but I couldn't get around without someone holding me.