Chapter 16

In the previous chapter- 

"I am breaking Cassian. I feel like I am breaking."

"Then do, break away and rebuild yourself, if that's really what you want. I'll be here to make you love yourself when your breaking is done and you are ready to feel again."

I see the way her eyes look up at me and shine. There's a small smile there and as I kiss her again, it widens.

Oh what a lovely sight! Nesta Archeron, you are breaking me....

Continue.....

Cassian

I feel Nesta fidget for space, and I notice I have her enclosed in my arms, our chests pressed tightly together. Before she can move further away, I take a step forward, limiting the space. Her eyes don't meet mine, and her tear strained face is all that I can see. She is an art of nature. So pure and raw. I don't touch her face, afraid she'll chicken out. And so we both just stand there, taking in all the unspoken words, taking in the feelings that we are too scared to discover. It's all new to me, things I have never ever felt. I so badly want to lean in and touch our foreheads, but i know that with Nesta, I will have to tread very carefully and so i just admire the distance we kept and noticed her breathing. They were coming at a very slow rate, and mine were racing. Did she not feel anything or what? 

As if on answer she completely detaches herself from me and sits on a rock on the barren land. The land where I lost myself. And my everything. Where I lost my mother. I am too tired to even make us fly back to the estate and right now the situation at the mulberry camp are really hostile. So as I lay down alongside her, I eye up the Ramiel in front of us. It's far, miles away but it's gigantic figure is the biggest thing that the can be noticed right now. 500 years ago, me and brothers had climbed up this mountain. Taken over the summit. Felt the magic and felt the immense power that radiated off this huge rock. I feel Nesta's eyes on me. And I turn to face her. "You are dying to climb up there aren't you?" How can she know that, how can she know me this well?

"Yes but I can die climbing up there too." 

"And you are scared of the great fall?"

i raise my eyebrow in confusion.."The great fall?"

she nods her head so vigorously that I feel dumb for not knowing what she meant. "Yeah, death. The great fall. You are scared of risking your life for the sake of feeling alive."

Her words are making my headache. They are too deep for me to get in the depth of it. "You sure you know your words and sentences?" 

She makes a vulgar gesture but doesn't say anything back. 

"Alright, fair enough." I jump up on my feet. Let me give you a vague idea of how things are like up there on the mountain and you tell me if it's worth it or not."

She nods her head in satisfaction.And I start my tale.

"Imagine yourself as a damsel in distress for a fact and let yourself be damned over things again again and freaking again, but then  life throws at you a stupid ladder to climb and says that you have a chance to discover yourself at the end of it. Now considering you see yourself having the potential enough to climb that ladder, you say you will climb it.  And you do. But what you don't see are the snakes around, trying to bite at your feet so that you fall off. No one told you about the hidden battles that you'll have to go through just to reach the end of it. Now it all depends on how much you create your own power. Cause the magic is gone. It's all about the one you are with and if he/ she wants to share the power. And if you are committed enough to go through with it. Because in the end Nes, you do find what you were looking for. And you wake up on your bed the next morning stating it was a dream.So yes of course I want to climb it. But not alone anymore. My power isn't going to help me out there. I need more than one person."