Chapter 7

In continuation with the 6th one.

Cassian

She is getting worse. And confusingly so her and I are getting better. It almost makes me feel giddy. Can't believe I used that word though. I mean its day 3 and she still hasn't tried to come out of her cave like room. She pretends that nothing is wrong with her, still doesn't tell anyone what exactly happened. Actually no one tried. Elain said we can't anger her. Because she felt her anger causing all that. She didn't feel Nesta's power but her anger had her begging for mercy. I can only imagine. So we try our best to not do that. Like question and interrogate her, we know that will annoy her further. But we need her to respond, to feel and I think i can help a little with that. Mor is sitting on the couch beside me, bouncing off her curled hair, pondering over something. I know about the offer Rhys had put forward, about her going off somewhere to work for some months maybe years. She thinks it's because people from the court of nightmares are coming here in a month or two and we don't want her to face them. Well fine we don't. But that's not why we are letting her go. Her work would be beneficial and okay yeah it's better if she stays a bit away from him. Me and Azriel can't stand them moving around in the same street or hell the same court. It would take all our powers to stop ourselves from crushing him down. I was too engrossed in thinking that I didn't feel Elain coming in with a tray of food until Mor pushed me with her feet.I stood up bracing myself for yet another quarrel with Nes-tha! I love the last pop her name makes me make. I knock a bit on the door, knowing she won't exactly tell me to come in. I wait for a minute and enter. She is by the couch, engrossed in her novel. She peeks up at me from behind her book and I almost smirk. I sit across from her on the same couch, placing the food on the china table. She tries to hide the cover of the book with her long beautiful fingers, I raise my eyebrows and She gives me the look that says 'I don't want Cassian to know I am reading a smut.' . There are so many more of her looks, but this one happens to be my favorite. Its just too precious. I just sit by her not making a conversation, and she seems to sit by me, trying to but failing to actually read her book. It's like we are just denying that we don't like this silence. She finally puts her book down and faces me. "Get Out!" I am taken aback a  bit but then compose myself. "You don't command me." She sits up straighter, her sly smile working on me. I know what she is doing, We have been playing this game since three days. "Nesta." I warn but she doesn't listen and comes closer. She has been teasing me since days, Always coming closer, teasing my senses, but not touching and not allowing me to that either. There's just so much sexual frustration afterwards that it becomes hard to even face her and that makes me leave the room. It's her little trick to make me go away, worked for a bit but today, tables are gonna turn. I have been thrilled about it since the morning, the giddiness remember? 

Her face is now inches away from me, Our breaths mingling. I don't move just yet and wait for her to back away. She'll back away just like yesterday and day before that and before that. I almost fight rolling my eyes when she pulls away a little. The same old game. I really expected more. 

But now just before she pulls away completely, I wrap my fingers along hers, so that her hands don't fight me, She backs away on the other side of the couch when I start to move closer, I can see her cheeks turning red, her body radiating heat. When she is finally backed away, I slightly pull her down, so that she is lying under me. Her eyes widen, her heartbeat is running 1000 miles per hour I can hear it. Her eyes are roaming all over my face as I devour hers with my own. Her hands are still pined between our bodies enclosed by own hands. I lower myself a little more, I can't control it. I had only planned this much, I need to stop. This won't end good if i continue. But I can't fucking stop. My hands pull away from hers and reach her neck, I rub my thumb over the spot I had first time kissed at. As if she remembers the same thing, her eyes close and a moan escapes her mouth. So Fucking Precious. I lower my mouth to hers, not being able to control, when suddenly images of her backing away from me during the winter solstice and other times come rushing in. I pull away. Leaving her there, her eyes still closed. I can't. It's just her body's reaction to me right now. She is not going to like it when it gets over or when she finally feels good. This is not what she wants. I know that and she made it pretty clear too. She felt me pulling away and opened her eyes. They were blue with desire. I was having second thoughts about leaving now. Did she actually want this? She looks away, not meeting my eyes when I step ahead in front of her. "GET OUT!" Her voice is so cold and distant that it almost makes me flinch. I step closer trying to make it right. I shouldn't have done that. It was definitely childish on my part, she must have thought I was playing with her too just like she did.  "Nes." My voice is whisper, that comes off more unsteady than I thought I  could ever manage to be. "STOP CALLING ME THAT!" her voice bellows through the room and I can tell everyone downstairs have heard it. I step closer again, telling her, trying to tell her that I am not scared of her, of her demons and that I actually like her, want her, that it wasn't just to fool her. "Don't you dare come closer Cassian." Her voice is so firm that I stop where I am. Why is she so mad though, didn't she do the same to me. Fooling me with her teasing games. "So you can start to play a game and i can't even play along?" She hisses and doesn't say anything, her arms crossed over her chest. I take a step forward, not leaving my eyes off her face. I grab her elbow and face her towards me. We are face to face. Well technically shoulder to face. I stare her down when she stares right back up. The way her eyes change color from green to blue is fascinating. Everything about her is fascinating. With utter caution I wrap my arms around her waist and tug her closer, whispering in her ear. "Two can play this game Nesta." I flick my tongue on her outer ear, that makes her clutch my shoulders as she releases another of her moan. I smirk. "That's what I am talking about." I palm her cheeks and my eyes are on her full, luscious lips when she surprises me by clutching my leathers, pulling down and kissing me. It doesn't even take a fraction of a second when I kiss her back. My tongue slides over her lips demanding entry when on queue, another moan escapes and when my tongue enters her mouth, Sweet Heaven. I groan out, not being able to have enough, The kiss can't be more ravenous. The first kiss we shared was soft, pleading, mourning. But this made my body catch fire. Like currents running down my veins. My hands on their own accord are running through her body, not settling anywhere just yet. I smile between our kiss when I feel her trying to take charge. I have always been the dominating one in each of the  sexual relations I have had. But Nesta, she is actually fighting to take control. I can't stop smiling and smirking. Her hands are in my hair, and she hasn't yet removed them from there. "You like my hair Nes?" I murmur between kisses and a satisfied groan is her response. I take that as a yes and we stumble upon the couch. 

"Cassian?" ...............SHIT

I can actually imagine the look on Mor's face right now. I pull away and run my hands through my hair and try to hide the obvious fluster. Nesta doesn't even hide it, just sits straighter, meeting Mor's eyes. There's something really off about these two women. Mor is standing by the door, her hands still holding the knob. I need to leave. I look at Nesta and before Mor can stop me, I saunter off. 

Holy Shit!

My My!!!  I was actually feeling all giddy and nice while writing it. This chemistry of theirs is actually sparkling. Comment down below, if you felt it too. Thank you for reading this. Really grateful. Like, Share and Comment.  The next chapter would be published in a few days. Thank you for being patient with me and this book. Keep Reading. :)