Prologue

Ariana's P.O.V

As I walked down the street towards the central city train station to catch my train back to Starling city there was a flash of light and the power went out. I sniffled and wondered why. I had been crying earlier for reasons I'd rather not explain but I was still fairly emotional. Then a short burst of wind hit me and I could of sworn I was glowing for a second but it was probably just my imagination. I regained focus and headed for the station, which oddly still had power, got on my train and left.

This is what was going through my head as I waited for Oliver and Roy on a platform in an abandoned storage unit in the glades."Aria they're headed your way," Oliver said through the communicator. "I have a shot. Do I take it?" I asked. "Aria behind you!" Roy yelled from the place where he was concealed. I turned around just in time to see a man aiming a gun at me head. Without thinking I dove between his legs. As I ran the gun went off and pain shot through the back of my calf. I fell. When I turned Roy was on top of the guy beating him. "Roy stop!!" I yelled. I ripped off a piece of cloth from a tarp and wrapped my calf tightly to maintain pressure. "Aria, Roy let's go," Oliver said walking up. "Let's go then," I sid limping towards the exit.

*TEN MINUTES LATER*

As soon as Felicity finished helping me patch up my leg Roy turns to me. "What the hell were you thinking??" he said angrily. "I got out of the way. I had no other choice," I said. "We both kow there was another option," he told me. "I told you, I'll die before I use them Roy," I said standing up slowly. By now tears stung my eyes. He knows that topic is off-limits. "YOU GOT SHOT!!!!" he yelled gesturing to my stitched wound. With that I bolted up the stairs and into the nightclub above. I made a beeline for the back door. I got on my motorcycle and drove. I drove until I hit the city limits. Then I made up my mind. "Good bye Starling City," I said and kept going. As I drove I passed a familiar sign.

CENTRAL CITY 50 MILES