Chapter Sixteen

BARRY'S P.O.V

We got to Caitlin's hotel using super speed. "Are we still running," Caitlin asked clutching her stomach. "No we are here," I told her. "Vodka and super speed, not a good combination," she said as we walked into the bedroom. "So are you gonna call her?" Caitlin asked. "Who?" I asked. "That girl. The one who gave you her number," she said taking off her shoes. "I hadn't really thought about it," I told her. "Yes you have. But I know you, you won't. You'll let her slip right through your fingers. You think you don't deserve happiness.But what you don't know is that you need a little saving too," she said starting to take off her dress. I turned away. "Little help please," Caitlin asked. I turned around. her dress was half off and her arms were stuck in the sleeves. "Uh, yeah okay," I said. Then I used super speed to get her into her pajamas. "There you go again. Saving me from that evil dress," she said. "Get in bed," I told her. "Did you sneek a peek? At my goods?" She asked climbing into bed. "I wouldn't be much of a hero if I did," I said tucking her in."Yeah, but it's okay if you peeked a little. You deserve a peek for all the good stuff you do," she said. "Drink lots of water," I told her. "Thank you for tonight. I sang," she said. I laughed. "Anytime," I said. "Hey Barry, will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Caitlin asked. "Sure, yeah," I said. I sat on the edge of the bed and stroked her back until she fell asleep. Then I turned the lights off and went to the elevator. I went to my floor.

When I got there the door was cracked open. I slowly walked inside. I looked around cautiously. "So how did it go putting Caitlin to bed?" A voice asked from behind me. I turned around. Aria was sitting on the couch in jeans, a black Tshirt and a red hoodie. Her hair was in two low pigtails that curled slightly at the ends. "Don't tell Roy about the hoodie," she told me. "How did you get in?" I asked. "Turns out I can shape the energy," she said as I sat down next to her. She crated a ball of energy and shaped it into a lightning bolt, then into an arrow, then into a key. She smiled as the key dissipated. "You are quite the trouble maker," I told her. "So are you gonna call this chick," she asked me showing the screen of my phone which currently showed the picture of the girl from the bar. "Hey you little pickpocket!" I yelled. She laughed.God she was beautiful. "So are you?" she asked again. "Probably not," I said. "Why not?" she asked. "Cause someone else already stole my heart," I said. "Would that girl happen to be sitting on your hotel room couch in a red hoodie she swiped from her older brother?" she asked smiling. "That she is," I answered smiling. I leaned in and kissed her. She kissed me back. Then I heard giggling. Aria jumped up and reached out the door. She pulled and in came none other than the mischievous little blonde: Alice Greene. "Ali you can not tell anyone," she said. "Why should I keep my mouth shut?" Alice asked. "How does $50 and my cream colored off-shoulder top sound?" Aria asked. "Done," she said. "Oh and also, told ya you would make a cute couple," Ali said. "Goodnight Ali," Aria said pointing to the door. Instead, Alice went right through the wall. "I better get home. Roy will get worried," Aria told me. She gave me one last kiss and walked out the door.

I watched her leave the building. A few seconds after walking out the door she walked towards a dead end alley. I sped out the building and looked around the corner into the alley. Aria was standing there. But what caught my eye was the woman standind across from her. She was blonde and wore black leather and a black mask. "So how do I keep the people I love out of the League's gunsights?" Aria asked the woman. "You can't. The league will kill your loved ones. Starting with the one you love most," The woman said. "There has to be something I can do. Please Sara," Aria pleaded. "The only way you can keep them safe is to kill Ra's Al Ghoul," Sara said. "I understand what I have to do," Aria said. As she turned around I sped back to my room. From the window I watched her pull her hood over her eyes and hurried down the street. I'll have to talk to Oliver about this Sara person. And about this League. But for now, what I need is sleep.