the Emperor strikes

Start from the beginning

"I know what I'm doing," Aaliyah said and looked up to see Vader waiting for them at the end of the hallways that lead to her quarters. Or what she considered just nicer looking prison cell.

She wasn't sure where they were going, but somehow, she expected them to board a ship and went to whatever planet the Sith Lord is using as a hiding place. Maybe if she gets this information and somehow managed to get it to the Rebel base, they would be able to attack him where he won't expect them. Surprise him and destroy him once and for all.

But the luck was not at her side. The Emperor came to see them, not the other way around. He was waiting for them in something that reminded her of a throne room. It was big, with tall tinted windows at the side that let in a reddish light, making the room even more intimidating. And at the very end was a big throne, that was occupied by a slumped hooded figure. The Emperor. Somehow, she knew that the throne was not made for him. Why would it be, if this was Vader's home, his fortress? The Emperor just used it to seem more intimidating, to appear to have endless power.

Vader was still in front of her, so she could see him when he took his mask with both hands and took it off. Maybe it was an act of respect for the Emperor, she couldn't know. Somehow, to see the familiar dark blonde curls attached to the suit of the Dark Lord still surprised her.

They stopped right before the steps leading to the platform which the throne was situated on. The Emperor still hasn't moved, but she could see his eyes on her. Scanning her. Analysing her. Stalking her. Probably trying to feel her emotions. She could feel the pressure of his force at the walls of the protection she built. Not averting her eyes from him, she stood her ground.

"You are much interesting to me," he said, and his slick, quiet voice was travelling through the big, empty hall, making it seems like it was coming from every direction. "I have to admit, I have been waiting for this moment. You are a very interesting character," he repeated and made a small movement with his hand. He waved to Vader, that was standing on the second step, watching both the Emperor and Aaliyah. His face was emotionless and blue eyes shining from the red light coming from outside. "Finally, we can see each other as we are, without hiding our true identities, don't you agree, my dear Aaliyah?" he said and stood up without warning. His form was hidden under a thick black material of his robes, only his sickly pale hands showing.

Aaliyah was quiet, feeling extremely vulnerable to stand before her enemy without any weapon. Without any form of protection. "Such a potential," he said in a raspy voice and slowly stepped down from the stairs. "You are powerful, you are a great Jedi, but you could be more."

Something in Aaliyah made her laugh out loud, getting the attention of every person in the room. Rex, who was standing next to her, quickly turned his eyes on her, just like Vader and the Emperor stopped in the middle of the stairs. "Your sweet talk and compliments won't get you anywhere," she said with sharper tone than she expected, and consequences came sooner than she expected. Her voice wasn't even able to fade from the hall when her screams started.

Her knees shook and suddenly gave up underneath her, when a wave of purple lightning struck her straight into her chest and the torturous pain began. As quickly as she screamed, Aaliyah willed herself to stop, biting into her tongue, refusing to show how painful this experience was. She wasn't able to tell how long it took, maybe a couple of seconds, maybe hours, but when the lightning disappeared, her body still shook.

"And most of all, I was waiting for this," the Emperor sneered and came down to stand above her. She wanted to get up, but the pain from the shocks still wiggled every muscle of her body. "Your little affair almost cost me everything," he said, and his voice was colder than the hard floor she was laying on. "Believe me, I don't need sweet talk to get what I want."