watered-down potential

"Free me, from this pain I've been running from

"Free me, from this pain I've been running from." 

She understood.

She finally understood that this was his way of torture. To keep her locked inside this room to make her go absolutely insane. There was nothing to do. By now, she knew every little detail of the walls, of the floor, of the whole room, when she was trying to figure out how to escape. But then she understood another thing. Why would she want to escape? She did surrender to him willingly. To stop her horrifying vision from coming true. But how long she was supposed to be here? She wanted to escape this room, find Vader, fight him and either to kill him or make him kill her. Just to end this. 

But she was trapped. Until he says otherwise.

It was hours already, or maybe days since Calista left, and never came back for the tray that was left untouched, or to give her more food. She was slowly but surely losing her strength. Her knees were weak, shaking violently every time she tried to stand up. How long has she been here? For hours? No, no, it must be longer. It must be a couple of days. A couple of days without food and water. Aaliyah tried to hold on, but she was losing this fight.

Sitting on the floor, with her back against the bed, she never even realized, that the door opened, and Darth Vader's strong, tall frame was now standing in the middle of the room. His steps were silent, like a predator stalking his prey.

"So, you are trying to kill yourself, by starving yourself?" he asked suddenly, but it was more of a rhetorical question than an actual one.

"I'm not trying to be poisoned," Aaliyah snapped and looked up to see him lurking closer and closer to her.

He laughed dryly. "Poisoned? That's not very creative," she was sure, that if he was not wearing a mask, he would be smiling sadistically at her. And suddenly, it was more and more interesting for her. She looked at him as if she saw him for the first time. Who was underneath that mask? What's the real face of the monster everybody is so scared of? Is he human? Togruta? Some other species? What's the color of his hair if he has any? Why is he hiding underneath the mask?

These thoughts were swirling inside her mind, not one being able to stay for longer than one second in the chaos her brain was creating. And he noticed her sudden, weird interest. "What are you looking at," maybe it was just her, or he sounded a little shocked, maybe even scared. Just for a split second. As if she could see right through him and he didn't like it one bit.

"Who are you?" she asked in a whisper and tried to push herself up on her feet, but she collapsed on her knees, her hands barely catching her from kissing the ground beneath her. "How do you know me?" she asked again, still watching him like a hawk. "How do you know me?" she screamed but he was still standing tall, probably not impressed at all.