feelings that guide us; pt. 2

"I've alway liked to play with fire."

"I know why you're doing this to him of all people. I can see you are enjoying it," Aaliyah mumbled, and her eyes never left Anakin's face. The stone cold, yet beautiful face. He was sitting before her with his legs spread and elbows on knees just watching her without any emotion. They were on his ship, flying who knows where. "Are you just going to stare at me?" she snapped, when his gaze was just too much for her.

"I'm enjoying my view, so why not?" his answer was nonchalant and so irritating to Aaliyah.

"If you leave him alone, I will do anything," she said and mimicked his posture, leaning over and putting her elbows on knees to be a little closer to him.

He hummed and one corner of his mouth lifted in a smile. "Tempting, but I'm just too exciting for my new wall decoration. I think I'll pass."

"Please," Aaliyah whispered, but it only made his smile wider. He liked this control, this power he had over the situation and most of all over Aaliyah. He enjoyed her pleading eyes. However, his face was once again stone cold, when he watched her sunk to her knees, getting so close to him, he had to lean backwards. Her hands were on his tights and she was looking him straight in the eyes, when she reached with one hand to his face, pulling him closer. "Please, let him go. It's my fault, not his," Aaliyah caressed his face and her eyes never left his blue ones.

"Would you do anything?" he asked her and leaned over to grab her cheeks with both hands.

"Yes, just let him go."

"Why do you care so much about him?" he asked, and anger lit up quickly behind his eyes. But it was gone before she could even notice. "Why?"

"Not because I would love him. I just care about him because he helped me a lot, he is a good man," she explained enthusiastically because something told her, that she might persuade him to let Oisin go.

"But he does love you."

"I know, but I don't love him, and you know that," Aaliyah shook her head and caressed his cheek gently again, pulling him even closer.

Anakin didn't say anything to that, only slowly bent his head to rest it against Aaliyah's forehead. He sighed deeply and briefly closed his eyes, before he opened them again, making him look as if he was in some type of battle with himself. However, Aaliyah wasn't able to hold on to that thought for too long. Her mind was clouded by his presence, by his scent and close proximity. It was intoxicating, making Aaliyah believe as if everything was alright. As if they were just two lovers not meant to fall apart every time. She could stare into Anakin's eyes long enough to pretend that her dream life with him so real. But she couldn't be so foolish.

"You are playing with a fire," whispered Anakin under his breath, she wouldn't be able to hear him if she was further away.

"And I've been doing it for a quite some time," said Aaliyah in the same quiet voice. Being this close to him brought her back on Dagobah and the mysterious cave where she experienced her vision. Or the manifestation of her deepest, darkest desires. When she was his, and this memory overwhelmed so much she wanted the distance between their lips to disappear.