۰۴

The trio sat in the police precinct listening to the snores of Inspector Dilbar as his hand dangled with a half dipped biscuit. The chai from the biscuit dripping down on his scruffy beard.

Dina cringed as she leaned sideways, wrapping her arms around herself, her sweatshirt providing very little warmth.

Yaseen was watching two lone cockroaches race their way across the floor. All the while he cheered for the fat cockroach to win.

Meanwhile, Momin Bhai was sweating buckets since he didn't want his Gul-e-Rana to stay outside all alone in the sun.

The female inspector, Zeenat Rahman who had arrested them in the first place was sitting and eyeing each of them keenly.

There was no one apart from the four of them in the entire precinct.

"What were you three namoone doing with the dead body? How did you kill the man?" The female inspector, finally spoke. Her hawk like gaze scrutinizing each of them.

"Madam, I told you. Wo mere Abba Jaan hai. Unko me dafan karne waala tha."Momin Bhai cried out, folding his hands on his chest.

( He is my father. I was going to bury him.)

But,the woman was not satisfied with this answer.

"Phir ih dov gadhe tuhade nala ki kar rahe han? Me tenu pendu lagdi hai ki?"

(Then, what are these two donkeys doing with you? Do I look like an idiot to you?)

" I never--"Momin Bhai desperately started to explain, but Yaseen cut him off with his scream.

"Suck it! In your face 'thin cockroach'!" Yaseen jumped, putting his hands in the air. Dina who was leaning on him for support scowled seeing him rejoice the win of the 'fat cockroach'.

"Ih to sachmuch ik namuna hai" Inspector Zeenat exclaimed, as she sighed getting up from her seat. "I honestly don't think you ulle de patte killed that man. But, I can't let you guys go. I am calling the forensic specialist. If he says the man died from alcohol poisoning,like you said. Then you can leave."

(He is really a wannabe)

"Madam, ye sab me kitna time lage ga?" Momin Bhai , questioned straightening his suit jacket getting ready to leave.

(How much time will it take for all this to get over with?)

"Tum na bhaiya apna man bana lo. Tumhara thikana to kal subah tak ye thana hi hai. The forensic specialist comes from outside the city. It will take a lot of time." The inspector said, slapping Momin Bhai on the shoulder. A grin lacing her lips.

(Make up your mind, you are going to be staying here till tomorrow morning)

A gasp left Momin Bhai's lips and Dina shot up in her seat after she made out what the inspector had just uttered.

She couldn't be in the city today.  Her Lala will definitely find her, then her marriage to Zeeshan is confirmed.

Inspector Zeenat headed towards Dilbar and slapped him awake. She then left after warning him to not sleep and keep an eye on the trio.

"Yaseen ke bacche. Maine tumhara khoon pe jaana hai! You can't do one thing properly! I am telling you if Lala finds me today, to phir maine tumhare tukde karke kutton ko khilane hai." Dina screeched infuriated as she grabbed Yaseen in a slam choke.

(I will chop you into pieces and feed them to the dogs)

"P-pagal aurat!! Mujhe bachao isme jinn ghus gaya hai!" Yaseen screamed, flailing his arms trying to reach onto someone or something. Suddenly Yaseen's hand caught onto Momin Bhai's hair who was sitting next to him ,causing him to yelp in pain.