۰۶

___

main raaz tujhse kahun humraz ban ja zara
karni hai kuch guftgu alfaaz ban ja zara
___

The night held a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged you no matter what, and within it's safety, Anabiya could feel her own soul all the more clearly, that innocent inborn spark that had faded a lot time back seemed to have redeemed itself painfully.

Sitting on the pavement that bordered the threshold of the Yas beach Island, bare feet touching the rogue coarse sand as the salty wind danced past her blowing hijab, Anabiya nibbled on the rubbery crust of her pizza slice. Her blurry vision had finally cleared up from all the tears that it had shed, as she gazed far ahead into the huge water body. The moon shone on the vast landscape like a satiny hue from heaven.

Suddenly she felt a familiar body plunk itself down beside her as an icecream cone came into her vision.

"Sorry, only the Turkish icecream guy was there. He was playing that stupid game where the customer has to catch the icecream, I felt too bad so I didn't stop him." Meezan Zardari, her husband, the man who had possibly resorted to violence today for the first time in his life. And for what? For her.

Gazing at him, made Anabiya want to bawl her eyes out once again. She wanted to hide back in his arms as he continued fighting the world. Just for her. Only her.

Was she an unrealistic petty little girl to hope for something like that? Yes. But that was all that her mind could come up with. She wasn't alone like she had been the last time. Not anymore and she wanted to take everything he was willing to give.

"Anabiya?" Meezan questioned softly as he saw how her eyes were starting to fill up.

Anabiya felt her lips wobbling as she eyed him. His brown curls were disheveled, from having run his hands in them multiple times. The first few buttons of his shirt were open as his blazer now rested on her shoulders. Anabiya, clutched it closer inhaling his cologne as she eyed him in his perfection. His glasses rested right on his straight Greek nose, ahead of his grey orbs that were filled with concern.

Before, she knew she was breaking down into a sobbing mess. He was going to leave her soon after he gets to know her past. He would loathe her. He would leave her all alone.

Meezan pulled her to his chest, as her restless body shook to tremors in his arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her to his lap. He hated seeing tears in her eyes. He wanted to kill the bastard with his bare hands.
"Shh, meri jaan. Stop crying. It's okay."

This caused her to shriek more, as her palms clutched the front of his shirt.
"P-please don't l-leave me-e. I-I am s-sorry."

"I am here. I am not going anywhere, meri jaan. Please stop crying." Meezan shuddered as his own eyes filled with tears seeing her in such a condition.

"Pr-romise?"

"Promise. Please stop crying."

"You'll h-hate me-e. I am so so-rry. Pl-ease don't le-eave me." Instead of replying Meezan kissed her head repeatedly as his hands tightened around her curves.

"There is nothing in this world that can make me hate you." Meezan gently nudged her away from his body but she held on tighter not wanting to leave him. "I have never been good at words but touch my heart and feel how it starts beating increadibly fast everytime you are near me. See how my cheeks heat up flustered everytime you say something inappropriate. Everytime we kiss it feels like my skin's on fire and I am seeing stars, I want to wake up next to you and fall asleep by seeing by your face. You can break my heart into million pieces and I would still be with you, because you make me feel things I've never felt before."