Run Away From Love

Start from the beginning

AUGUST P.O.V. -

"What you cooking?" Keke came and sat at my counter.

"How bout you wait till I finish?" I opened the oven and took out the pan of barbecue chicken I was cooking.

"Just for that. I'm putting your black ass on snapchat."

"Don't do that Ke." I laughed.

She turned on her phone and put the camera towards the food I was cooking.

"Jealous I'm bout to eat this bomb ass food in this bitch, without cho ass. Yassssss!" She turned off her phone.

"You not invited over here no mo'." I closed the oven.

"I don't need your permission to come over your house."

"What?" I laughed. "Do you hear how stupid you sound?"

She sat back at the counter.

"So how you been?"

"Cool. Just hoping Usher give me another chance."

"He will. You know God got you. Nobody can take that away."

"They trying Ke. They trying." I checked on the rice.

"And that's why you got my sister. She's not going to let them do that."

I looked at her. She said that in a suspect way, like she was hinting at something. And she was smiling looking all crazy.

"What-chu smiling at?" I smirked at her.

"You single. Jazz single. Let's make this happen."

I shook my head, smiling.

"Come on Aug. She's gorgeous."

"Not gon debate that." I said stirring the vegetables.

"She's smart. Masters Degree in Communications from USC. Graduated magna cum laude."

I already knew this, but I didn't tell her that.

"Sounds smart." I got some wine glasses down.

"She's successful. Can pay her own bills. Not looking to ride off your coattail."

That she was. Comes to find out she was one of the best publicist in the game. Worked for a larger firm, then started her own. I admired her ambition to be an entrepreneur.

"But there's a problem isn't?" Ke looked at me annoyed.

"Nah it's no problem."

I lied.

"Aug you're lying. What's the problem?"

I stood against the counter and sighed.

"I'm not into that love shit Ke. And if that's what she looking for I can't give her that now. You know that. I'm just looking to chill."

"August you need to give up that no love shit. Everybody gets fucking hurt. Everybody. But you don't give up on it, because someone hurts you. You keep trying until you find the one whose going to love you back and make the hurt worth it."

Everything she was saying was true. But I wasn't trying to set myself up to be love's fool again.

"I can't Ke. She seems nice. I'm sure somebody will wife her up in no time."

"Just not you?" She looked at me like she was just completely done with me at this point.

"What you want me to do? It's not personal. That's just not where I am in my life. Ain't nothing worse than forcing a nigga into a situation he ain't ready for. That's when the real hurt begins."

She sighed and rolled her eyes at me.

"You really mad at me?"

"I just don't get it. You niggas complain about wanting a good woman, then one gets right in your face and you run the other way. I don't get it. I don't get it." She went back in the living room with Jazz.

I palmed my face taking in her words. Everything she said was the truth. That is what we want, but then we not ready for it when it comes.

I wanted love no doubt. In an unstable profession a girl would give me stability and balance I've been searching for.

In fact, I think my life would be much better if I had a girl to take care of me and make sure I was okay.

I know for a fact, that incident with me falling wouldn't have happened if I had a girl. She would've made sure I was well hydrated and fed no matter how much I protested. And although I probably would've gave her a hard time, I would've listened.

But love hurts man, and when I hurt, I hurt bad. I promised myself I wouldn't put myself in the position to be hurt again, and for right now that meant not being in a relationship.

"Umm where's your bathroom?"

Jazmine stood at the counter, snapping me out of my thoughts.

She was more beautiful than I noticed before. Her curves sat on her thick frame like a sculpture made by God himself, and in that dress they were begging for my attention.

I know I said I wasn't looking for love, but sex wasn't out of the question. I hadn't had any since I got off tour and I just put clean sheets on my bed too?

Shiiiiiit, Her body underneath me, melting under my command was what I was thinking about since she walked in the door.

But she didn't seem like the type looking for that, so I wasn't going to make my request known.

"Down the hall." I pointed.

"Thank you." She smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

Leaving me to process my thoughts and her body. Damn.