Death of Me

**** I'm sorry y'all this is becoming my favorite story I've written. Jazz and DJ in m/m****

AUGUST P.O.V. -

"Are you going to meet with Jazmine?" D asked me as I dribbled the basketball in my driveway.

"No. That's your job." I took a shot and it was all net.

"Aug man. I don't know why you acting like you not feeling this girl." D sat on the grass drinking from his water bottle.

"I ain't say I wasn't. I just said I'm not ready for a relationship and I know that's what she looking for." I took another shot, but this time I missed it.

"So you gon stay single forever?"

"No, but I'm not gon rush into something I'm not ready for." I dribbled the ball along the pavement.

"So why did you even agree to talk to her in the first place?"

"I don't know. I thought I would see how it felt. Test and see if I was ready but I'm not. Why waste her time and mine. And she already been through a lot already with her fiancé dying." I took another shot and it went straight in the net.

"You can't keep using the excuse I'm busy. She at least deserves to know. Especially if she about to go on this tour with us."

"I know." I got my water bottle from by D's foot and took a big gulp.

"You need to stop avoiding her and tell her. That's why you need to go talk to her about the tour. Tell her we got it back. And then just break the news. If we gonna be with her everyday, we don't need no tension."

"I hear you." I went back to dribbling the ball.

"I'm serious August."

"I said I hear you D. Damn." I took a shot, it bounced off the rim.

Jazmine P.O.V. -

I hurriedly got my phone that was buzzing. I looked at it, then let out a big sigh of disappointment.

"Who was it?" DJ asked smacking on a huge bag of flaming hots he got off the top of my fridge.

"Lauren. She's was letting me know they made it to Bermuda." I laid back on my bed and stared at the television.

DJ was on the pillow next to me.

"I just don't understand. It's been a whole week."

"Then that means you should let his ass go."

"I thought we had a good vibe, but to just not call or text me back with no explanation. I just...I don't get it."

These sorts of things throw you for a loop, when you have no idea as to why guys just don't contact you when everything seems fine.

"Jazz. These men only think about themselves. He probably noticed you wasn't a quick fuck and bounced. And that's good. Better to know now, than gain feelings and get hurt even worse."

"You're right." I sighed.

"Drown your sorrow in some flaming hots." He handed me the bag.

I laughed but dug in and ate some.

"I don't know what I would do without you DJ, you always brighten my day."

I reflected on our friendship. We had been best friends since high-school, when I went to Cali for college we separated but stayed in touch. And when I moved back, it was like we never disconnected.

When Ant died, it was him who left his own apartment, moved in with me and made sure I was okay. I wouldn't have made it without him.

"You know August got the tour back?" DJ said in his regular gossiping voice, while scrolling through his phone.

"Really?"

I was a tad bit hurt he didn't tell me.

"Mm-hm." He handed me his phone and it was on Necole Bitchie, that August had in fact regained his spot on the European leg of the URX tour.

"I wonder why he didn't even tell me that?"

"Now you see why I don't fuck with him. Anytime yo ass can't call up to thank the person that helped you, just shows you he has no tact. Do you really want to work for somebody like that? By the end of 2015 nobody's gonna know his name anyway, so girl, forget that fool."

I was just too outdone and this point. Like the least he could do was call and tell me. I thought he wanted me to go with him? But I guess not. DJ was right, it was probably a good thing he didn't call me, saving me from getting my feelings attached.

We were interrupted by the doorbell. We looked at each other.

"Who is that?" DJ looked at me.

"No clue. Go get it."

"Bitch, I'm not your maid."

"Can you just go see who it is? I look a mess. Onesie. No makeup."

"Fine." He got up and went to the door.

"Jazz here?"

My heart stopped and I panicked as I heard Aug's voice fill my house.

"She was a week ago. Seeing as you haven't called in that amount of time." He said snappily.

Why didn't he call, I looked an utter mess. But I had to save him from DJ. I had to be brave.

AUGUST P.O.V .-

"DJ." Jazmine coughed.

Damn. She was even beautiful without makeup. Aug just give her a chance I told myself.

"I can handle it." She looked at me, with her arms folded. Obviously upset.

"Please tell me if you need me, because my knife will be ready." DJ mugged me and went off to the back and closed the door.

"Can I sit?"

"No you can stand." She told me with an attitude.

"I deserve that."

"I'm not into games August. If you don't want to be with me fine, but the least you can do is tell me."

"Getting straight to it huh?"

"You know what just leave." She held the door open.

"I came here because I wanted to tell you I got the tour back and invite you to come with me." I handed her an itinerary with all the information.

"You and DJ will be accommodated with whatever y'all need. Y'all apart of the squad now." I smiled to diffuse the tension.

"You still didn't answer my question. Where do we stand?" She said unamused.

My smile quickly faded. I sighed looking in her eyes. "I'm gonna be honest, I'm not ready for a relationship."

She tucked her lip and looked down.

"It's not you, it's just, I'm a young nigga trying to figure shit out. You deserve somebody that's ready to give you they all, especially after what you been through."

"And it's not you?"

"I'm not there yet. But I do still want to get to know you as my friend and my publicist."

"I got DJ as a friend. But I'm a business woman first and I'm not turning down any money so, have D send the contract to my office. Goodbye." She closed the door in my face.

I softly hit my head against the door, upset I couldn't tell her how I really felt. Upset I was too afraid to let her in.

This No Love Shit is going to be the death of me.