Run Away From Love

Start from the beginning

I thought about it.

"You need to learn from some of these ugly dudes. They will come up to a woman anywhere the street, the bus, the store, the club. Hell, even your doorstep and try to holla, knowing they might get rejected. And 99.9% of the time they do. But it doesn't stop them. Cause I guarantee out of all the women they ask, somebody gives them a chance. Or they at least get a number."

I laughed because that is true. Dudes be persistent.

"Please come."

I really didn't want to. I hated rejection, but Lauren was right I did need to give it a chance.

"Yeah I'll go."

"Yay!"She got giddy and clapped her hands together. She gave me a huge hug.

"You chocking me."

"Sorry. Come on get ready to get your man." She did a little dance standing up, whining her hips like she was Jamaican.

She was a pure, grade A mess. 😝

-------

"Why would you come to the door with no shirt on? Nobody wants to see that bird chest." Lauren pushed passed Aug when he came to open the door.

"Because you don't call before you come. Ever." He turned from her to me.

I felt completely naked as he surveyed my body from the ground up. Finally landing at my face.

"Hey." He said in a low, soft tone I hadn't heard before.

"Hey." I awkwardly smiled.

Stop smiling Jazz please you look a mess. I heard DJ's voice in my head and I immediately stop smiling.

I was trying hard not to stare at his chest that was in front of my face, seeing as he was taller than me. The artwork that adorned his chest, was interesting I thought. A woman with some breast. Hmm...? Who was she that she was blessed to face every woman he slept with, reminding them how she was forever on his body. Even his potential wife.

"Umm Aug, that's my sister Jazz."

"Word?" He looked at both of us.

"Yeah she told me she represents you now."

"Yeah. I look forward to working with her. She cool peoples." He said that looking dead in my eyes, and bit his bottom lip.

I was about to faint. I never noticed how absolutely gorgeous he was upclose until now. I even noticed he had little freckles outlining his nose and the skin that spread outward toward his cheeks.

"Can she come in? Please." Lauren interrupted our moment. Pushing him out the way.

"Oh sure. Y'all can chill in the living room while I finish up dinner." He closed the door behind us.

Somehow as Lauren led me to his living room, he felt like a ghost walking behind me. And I felt him burning a hole through the back of my dress with his eyes.

I was starting to regret, listening to Lauren and wearing this dress. He sees chicks that were this stuff a hundred times a day. With better bodies I might add. I felt like rushing out of his house, going home and hiding. Never to be seen again. This was such a thirsty move.

"You cool chilling in here?" Lauren asked me.

"Oh yeah. Sure."

"Aight. I wanna catch up with Aug for a little bit." She left me in his living room alone, while she went with him in the kitchen.