Chapter 8

You desperately try to block all of Ben's attacks. Your arms taking every swift kick and blow. "Ugh." You grunt crying from the pain.

"Your pain tolerance needs to be higher." Ben stretched. "And blocking doesn't exactly mean you have to take the blow. You should try to absorb the attack and use the energy to counter attack."

You wipe your tears nodding. Your arms were badly bruised and could not take anymore training. "Ben I can't train anymore. It hurts too much."

Ben looks at you with sorrow but urges you to push on. "Just another lap around the forest and we'll work on your legs and then we'll be done."

You weakly smile as you sprint into a run. You began getting faster and you were almost matching up with Ben. You felt proud about how your agility improved.

You ran a mile with Ben. You were barely tired too. "Nice. Your agility is improving."

"I know!" You do a victory dance but your arms ended it fast by the intense pain. Ben takes out of small packet. It contained a few pills.

"Huh?" You eye the pills curiously.

"If you have an episode this prevents your body from rejecting it's changes. Plus it makes for a great pain killer. Take it for your arms." Ben smiles handing them to you.

"You should begin taking them daily. But sadly the pills also have negative affects." Ben warns you.

You were ify about the pills. "So what's the downside?" You ask uncertain.

"Eh...just suicidal thoughts, kidney failure, lung failure, heart failure, and memory loss. There's just a few more but...it's not too important." Ben tries to act as if the side affects were nothing.

"What?! These pills could kill me!" You gasp.

"No, no they won't. Masky still takes his from time to time."

"I wanna go home now." You mutter suddenly.

Ben tilts his head "Huh?" He was confused by your sudden demand but agrees to taking you home.

As you enter your room you stare at the pills. You weren't stupid you knew these pills were to speed up your transformation. Meaning it'll accelerate your death. You recalled the side affects and it's basically just shutting down your vital organs.

Either way you trusted Ben. And Masky has been taking these pills too. But before you decide to take them you go confront Masky about these small tablets.

♠︎

Masky nervously pulls up a chair for you. His room was huge and looked like a Victorian Library. Books surrounding you both with the most beautiful furniture.

"These are books you read?" You ask in awe.

"Some...most of them are journals. It's every second of each proxy's life."

"Whoa...you wrote them?"

"Yeah, it's my job to record everything they do."
He pauses before continuing "So why did you come here?" He asks twiddling with his fingers.

You just put down the pills. "This."

His eyes narrow and lips curl as he stares at the pills. You tense from the negative reaction. "I was wondering if you could tell more about these pills."

"Well, what is it that you want to know?" He asks trying to be professional.

"Side affects and how your experience was."