Chapter 3: A Game Room and An Evil Backstabbing Snake

{Back to the present}

To this day I remember every single detail of the library. I remember the sound of laughter in the storage room, the bright smile on their faces, and gleam of childish wonder that would soon be taken away.
Yet in that moment we were oblivious to everything.
Nothing could have stopped that or so we thought.

(Flashback)

That bright joyful day was soon turned dreary by the shouting my parents. By now I didn't mind it, all I needed was some loud music and the comfort of a warm bed. My brother, Jason, joined me in the game room we used to play in when we were little, now it functioned as a hide away.

"Hey." He walks in with his ear buds on full blast. "Hi, do you know what their fighting about this time!" I wanted to prepare myself for the waterfall of tears that I would have to wipe away from my mother's eyes. "Something about the company's future plans and who's going to take over." I wanted to believe him but something in his sapphire eyes told me that there was something he wasn't telling me. Not wanting to ruin my mood I decide to question him. "So how's Jane?"
Jane was Jason's girlfriend. They've been together for about 2 years but there was always something off about her. I didn't trust her. "We broke up." He said it so calmly that I almost didn't believe him. "Well you don't seem so upset about it." He looks at me with a very serious look. "She was taking our pictures and information and selling to the paparazzi." That evil backstabbing snake.
I looked at him with sorrow.
I knew how that felt, not being able to trust the people closest to you because of a small thing called fame.

Oh well we could play Mario cart or super brawl or something. It always cheered you up when we were little." A small smile appeared on his face. He grabbed a controller and smirked. "You're going down!" I laughed. "Yeah in your dreams!"

~~~~~~~
Hi! Quick little update. I'm sorry I haven't been able to update as regularly as I'd like to but I've been busy. I mean as I write this I'm on a plane on my way to NY/DC in a school trip. Also if you read my other story Well You See What Happened Was... You should know that I am here with seer_of_heart and flying_higher for 5 days together 24/7 so yes I can almost an update!
READ
VOTE
COMMENT
AND NEVER STOP SHINING !!!!
~BrighterThanTheSun