Chapter 6: Headaches and Pillow Fights

Robins POV

I have learned many things in my many years of life. And one of them surprisingly was not how to control a horrible head ache. Wait maybe I should back up. Last night, party, fights, drinks, yes I remembered it all.

Did I want to too? No.

Did I have a choice? Of course not.

I woke up feeling tied down. No not the metaphoric meaning, the actual feeling of something holding you in place.

Did I know what it was? No.

Did I care? No.

Should I have cared? Of course.

All I knew was that there was a warm thing on my stomach and it felt nice and comforting. Then the sun decided to interrupt my comfort and peace. So I opened my eyes, looked down, and I saw an arm around my waist. At this point I did what any logical person would do.

I screamed.

Only to have my mouth covered by a hand. I did the only thing I could think of in the moment. I licked the hand.

Was it smart? Of course not.

Did it work? Of course it did.

Almost instantly the hand let go of me and tried to wipe my saliva off of it. At that point I turned around to the one, the only, Daniel Stryker.

I did two things. First I pulled the covers over my body. Then I slapped him right across the face. He looked like he was going to say something but i didn't give him the chance too.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He was still in shock from the slap but he managed to pull himself together and answer. "Well I was sleeping, now I'm just in pain." I was surprised at how even this early in the morning he could manage to be as sarcastic as ever. I grabbed the pillow beneath me and hit him on the back of the head. That knocked him out and just as I started to feel bad, it happened.

World War 3 began.

Pillows flew left and right. It got the point where the pillows were being ripped in half and feathers flew everywhere. My mother was going to kill me. Then he pinned me onto the bed.

"Ready to give up?" He smirked.

"Not a chance!" I said while flipping us over so I was on top of him. I put my hand over his abdomen where I knew he was ticklish.

He looked up and glared at me. "You wouldn't!" He yelled. I smirked. "Oh I would." I tickled him till he was out of breath and tried to flip us over again, but I blocked him(thank you kick boxing classes).

I stopped to catch my breath and before I could regain my breath I was flipped over so Daniel was straddling me. "Oh you shouldn't have done that." He said with a devilish grin plastered across his face. I squirmed, punched, and kick but to no avail he was too strong. After what seemed like an hour of torture I finally gave in.

"Ok ok! I give up!" He stopped tickling me but didn't get off of me. "Good now say you're sorry." I gave him a puzzled look. "Sorry? What would I be sorry for?" He tried to keep at strait face. "For slapping me and for starting a pillow fight." I scoffed. "Say it or else." He said putting his hand over my ticklish spot. "Fine! I'm sorry for slapping you." He smiled. "And?" I sighed dramatically. "And for starting a pillow fight." He laughed and plopped down next to me.

At first we were silent.

Then I shifted uncomfortably. I was used to having him in my room, I mean we'd had countless sleepovers since we were little. The thing was he was in my bed, where normally he would be on the blow-up mattress or on the couch in my room. This time he was right next to me. His leg brushing against mine. It felt strange, I just didn't know what type of strange it was. I turned to face him. He was so close I could have drawn every feature on his face. He was a strange type of beautiful.

He turned to face me, his sapphire eyes filled with worry. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

I turned to look at the ceiling. Of course I remembered what happened, I couldn't forget even if I wanted too. Ugh! I acted so stupidly. What was I thinking! I asked him to stay with me, and he did! He kissed my forehead and... that's it I'm never drinking again! I couldn't feel like this about my best friend. Could I?

"No."

I lied. I couldn't bare the thought of messing up our friendship over one dumb drunken night. He was the only good thing I had beside Jason. I wasn't ready to give that up.

He turned and looked at the ceiling, deep in thought. "Good."

_______________

We stayed like that for a while. When I noticed he had fallen asleep I got up to get ready.

When I got back he was gone. Then I heard rustling in the kitchen. I knew it was him so I went into Jason's room to get him some clothes. I knew Jason had left. He was probably on the beach taking pictures. He wanted to be a photographer.

As I walked down the stairs I smelled something burning. So running I went to make sure my idiot friend wouldn't burn my house down.

"What the hell Daniel? Do you want to burn my house down?" I yelled at him. All he did was laugh. As he usually did in these situations. It was part of his carefree attitude. "Calm down birdie. I was just making breakfast." I walked over to him to find a plate full of burnt bacon. "What you did isn't cooking, it's called burning." He picked up a strip go it and ate it. "Oh come on it's not that bad." I shrugged as i picked up a piece and put it in my mouth. I immediately spit it out. "That was the worst piece of bacon I have ever tasted!" Again all he did was laugh. I poured myself a bowl of cereal. We ate in silence.

Finally he broke the silence. "So birdie what do we have planned for the day?" I thought about it for a minute then spoke. "We have a magazine interview today in the city. And how many times have I told you not to call me birdie?" I said looking down at my cereal. "Plenty of times, but that doesn't mean I'll stop."

I chuckled. What would I do without my bestie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hello readers! This chapter was wayyyy over due! I'm really sorry but I was busy. But yaaayyy it's summer! So that means more updates and more frequent updates. Also in case you didn't read the author's note I posted recently I wanted to say I changed Daniel's last name bc of some recent movies and books. Anyway let's not talk about that. So what do you guys think about this chapter? Do any of you ship Robin and Daniel? Any ship names? If you do please comment! Honestly I don't think anyone knows how happy reading your comments makes me! So without further a due..........

COMMENT

VOTE

READ

AND NEVER STOP SHINING!!

~BrighterThanTheSun